Beanpot July 1, 2023

Though it has a small field of competitors, two in World, two in Open, I’m surprised that a few hours before showtime there is no thread for the Beanpot in Lynn.

The weather is fine but a bit hazy due to Canadian wildfires. It should be a great night for the show.

I expect Boston Crusaders over Cadets and Spartans over 7th Regiment though I’m looking forward to seeing Cadets and predicting where they’ll end up in the overall mix. It will be interesting to see both OC corps, hoping that 7th Regiment is a bit bigger this year.

The Marines will be an added plus.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Though it has a small field of competitors, two in World, two in Open, I’m surprised that a few hours before showtime there is no thread for the Beanpot in Lynn.

The weather is fine but a bit hazy due to Canadian wildfires. It should be a great night for the show.

I expect Boston Crusaders over Cadets and Spartans over 7th Regiment though I’m looking forward to seeing Cadets and predicting where they’ll end up in the overall mix. It will be interesting to see both OC corps, hoping that 7th Regiment is a bit bigger this year.

The Marines will be an added plus.

I think it has a lot to do with not being on Flo.  Everyone excited but bummed we can't watch!

17 minutes ago, spacewill said:

I think it has a lot to do with not being on Flo.  Everyone excited but bummed we can't watch!

Tomorrow night’s show from Quincy will be broadcast on Flo but I wouldn’t bet the farm on it taking place, at least from a competitive point of view. The weather forecast is pretty lousy.

5 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Tomorrow night’s show from Quincy will be broadcast on Flo but I wouldn’t bet the farm on it taking place, at least from a competitive point of view. The weather forecast is pretty lousy.

Can't you talk to your boss about that? 😉

Please and thank you.

• Haha 2

Weather is good here in Lynn. I was in Wendy's getting a healthy suppah and the place filled up with US Marines.   Although they weren't in uniform, they were obviously them.  A bunch of these guys were in line talking about being excited about the combined BAC/USMC percussion warmup tonight.  Can't wait to witness THAT! BAC just pulled in....as did the Cadets.  It's officially DRUM CORPS SEASON  in Lynn, Massachusetts!

• Like 7

...the city of sin...

Sorry, it's just engrained in my head.  Such a catchy phrasing.