Cavalcade of Brass - July 2nd, 2023

Bad run for PR’s perc? That’s a huge drop for them relatively speaking

Cavaliers still marching holes, but glad I got to see it live. I’m going to adjust my schedule. They’ll beat Bluestars next time they see them. Phantom by San Antonio in 3 weeks. 

IF they meet the demand. As someone said on here… “it’s easier to remove demand than add it mid season”. 

I think they’ll meet the demand. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Just got home...

Scouts: Black Hole Sun works well and some nice energy at the end. The prop added nothing for me.

Colts: did they use their proximity to Rockford as an excuse to play Classical Gas? (For those who don't know, a guard member holds the Rockford road sign prominently while they play the tune) 🙂

Regiment: good overall. I can't help feel like there's more to add (props, material, etc.) to enhance the theme. 

Crown: really good overall. Guard was hit or miss in a few spots (as everyone was). The drill has a sameness to it. Nothing memorable. Also disappointed in the significant thunderous goo. The stadium was shaking several times when they took the goo to 11.

Cavaliers: can see and hear the talent, but still pretty dirty in spots. The music is too choppy for my taste. And for those who talk about high demand, I'm not seeing it.

My opinions & observations, and it's ok if you don't agree. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, goirish52 said:

Just putting in my "LETS GO CAVIES!!!" that makes that guy so incredibly insufferable.

We get it stooge dork.  You like the Cavaliers.

By the way, they can't hear you.  

Ironic to hear a Notre Dame fan call someone else insufferable

If you're on a Drum Corps message board you're a "dork" too.  

Fight On! 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, billj said:

Just got home...

Scouts: Black Hole Sun works well and some nice energy at the end. The prop added nothing for me.

Colts: did they use their proximity to Rockford as an excuse to play Classical Gas? (For those who don't know, a guard member holds the Rockford road sign prominently while they play the tune) 🙂

Regiment: good overall. I can't help feel like there's more to add (props, material, etc.) to enhance the theme. 

Crown: really good overall. Guard was hit or miss in a few spots (as everyone was). The drill has a sameness to it. Nothing memorable. Also disappointed in the significant thunderous goo. The stadium was shaking several times when they took the goo to 11.

Cavaliers: can see and hear the talent, but still pretty dirty in spots. The music is too choppy for my taste. And for those who talk about high demand, I'm not seeing it.

My opinions & observations, and it's ok if you don't agree. 

Thank you for the kind comments. 🙂

I honestly think they were genuine and respectful. Hopefully all the corps will continue to get better.

14 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Cavaliers still marching holes, but glad I got to see it live. I’m going to adjust my schedule. They’ll beat Bluestars next time they see them. Phantom by San Antonio in 3 weeks. 

IF they meet the demand. As someone said on here… “it’s easier to remove demand than add it mid season”. 

I think they’ll meet the demand. 

Cavaliers, Blue Stars and Phantom in Cedarburg on July 3rd.  Blue Stars will be the most rested. Neither Blue Stars or Cavaliers will be beat Phantom this year if Phantom beats the them in  the next  three shows. 

3 minutes ago, dcifanforlife said:

Cavaliers, Blue Stars and Phantom in Cedarburg on July 3rd.  Blue Stars will be the most rested. Neither Blue Stars or Cavaliers will be beat Phantom this year if Phantom beats the them in  the next  three shows. 

The season is a marathon… I enjoyed watching 2016 Cavies run down Cadets in August. I enjoyed watching 2017 Cavies run down Bluecoats in August. I enjoyed watching 2019 run down Boston in August. 

no season in 20. Exhibition season in 21. Covidfest in 22 and led Phantom all season until Finals. 

They know what to do and how to do it. Scores don’t really matter until San Antonio on… so we’ll see. Unless my math is wrong, Cavaliers already closed 0.5 head to head with Phantom in 48 hours. And tied them tonight in music. And after not being on the field all week last week in a smoke fest, it’s just a matter of time until their legs and lungs are caught up. 

But that’s why they march the shows. 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3