Drums Across the Desert - July 3, 2023

7 minutes ago, brassboy said:

Rose Bowl was SUPPOSED to be this past weekend, but a sudden scheduling conflict for the facility threw it all off. Rather than finding a new location, Rose Bowl moved to the following Saturday, which bumped Stanford to Sunday, which in turn bumped Sacramento to Monday. It was a real scheduling 💩-fest

I guess the question I don't know the answer to is isn't there another stadium they could use or is rose bowl special? IIRC it was hot garbage in 2007

2 minutes ago, spacewill said:

Good to know.  Was wondering why it was so weird.  Also weird that Rose Bowl isn't televised.  That's an awesome venue for them to play in and see on TV (probably one of the first real HIgh View Cameras too).

This is the first time in I don’t know how long (maybe ever) that Flo isn’t broadcasting Rose Bowl. But they’re streaming both NorCal shows surrounding it, so it would’ve been overkill. I figure that if Rose Bowl had stayed the first weekend it would’ve been broadcast. 

5 minutes ago, spacewill said:

Good to know.  Was wondering why it was so weird.  Also weird that Rose Bowl isn't televised.  That's an awesome venue for them to play in and see on TV (probably one of the first real HIgh View Cameras too).

This is the first time in what has to be over a decade that the Rose Bowl isn't on Flo. I can't even remember the last time Rose Bowl wasn't televised. 

• Like 1

Just now, Chief Guns said:

This is the first time in what has to be over a decade that the Rose Bowl isn't on Flo. I can't even remember the last time Rose Bowl wasn't televised. 

Luckily we will finally be at the Fresno and Rose bowl Show!  That's the start of 6/7 shows we will see for the rest of his tour!  Has felt an eternity for this coming Friday to finally come around!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I guess the question I don't know the answer to is isn't there another stadium they could use or is rose bowl special? IIRC it was hot garbage in 2007

Someone with more knowledge can answer why, but in 2014, instead of the Rose Bowl, the show was held in Glendora Ca, about 15min south of Pasadena.

1 minute ago, spacewill said:

Luckily we will finally be at the Fresno and Rose bowl Show!  That's the start of 6/7 shows we will see for the rest of his tour!  Has felt an eternity for this coming Friday to finally come around!

I will be at the Rose Bowl as well. That will be our last live show until my wife and I go to Indy for Finals Week. 

19 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

Like Chief Guns pointed out the Rose Bowl show had to change from a previous date and that effected both the Stanford and Sacramento shows and the traveling.

And apparently there are zero other stadiums in the north Los Angeles area where the show could be moved to so as to minimize travel impact.  

5 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Again it's the whole moving around the dates. I'm sure the thinking is Stanford is being shown so Rose Bowl...no need.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chief Guns said:

I will be at the Rose Bowl as well. That will be our last live show until my wife and I go to Indy for Finals Week. 

We are from Texas so after our 2 show cali trip my wife will catch them in Ft. Collins and then we stalk them in Denton and San Antonio and then Worlds!  Making a longer week of worlds to catch their last couple practices before the event.

• Like 2