History will be made!

I’d love to see some spot swapping finals week. It would be fun seeing the third or fourth place corps on Thursday win it all on Saturday. 

• Like 8

Could happen but I am now having doubts about that. I really enjoy the top 4 corps. All are fun to watch but after last night and seeing Bloo, Crown, and Boston back to back to back, I get the sense that only Bluecoats can challenge Blue Devils. I love Carolina's music book and they are fun and clean for the most part but I worry about GE. They could be there in the end for sure. I am more worried about Boston because the visual has a long way to go and as much as I love their music I am not buying the GE just yet. Some of this is because they are so dirty. But I worry about those props too. So for now I think there is a chance that Bloo and BD could pull away. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

Could happen but I am now having doubts about that. I really enjoy the top 4 corps. All are fun to watch but after last night and seeing Bloo, Crown, and Boston back to back to back, I get the sense that only Bluecoats can challenge Blue Devils. I love Carolina's music book and they are fun and clean for the most part but I worry about GE. They could be there in the end for sure. I am more worried about Boston because the visual has a long way to go and as much as I love their music I am not buying the GE just yet. Some of this is because they are so dirty. But I worry about those props too. So for now I think there is a chance that Bloo and BD could pull away. 

Boston's spread was 2.5 points with Bloo in the opening show last season ( 1 tenth spread last night in Ohio ).  1.2 points spread in GE last season opener btw Bloo and Boston, but just 2 tenths last night  in combined GE.  Boston won the Visual Analysis caption last night over both Bloo and Crown. Boston topped Bloo in Brass and Music Analysis. All 3 Corps are in the beginning stages of refining shows, adding to their shows, and cleaning what they currently have out there. Similar to last year ( and most seasons ) the best read of where Corps are is in the first regional ( San Antonio ). If you are 3rd of 4th there, that is where " the worry " surfaces if you have hopes of topping BD and winning it all.

At the moment, all we can say with certainty is that all 3  potential contenders ( and challengers to defending champion BD ) last nite had strong performances with each of the 3 having their strengths in certain captions, and other captions needing improvement. 

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Boss Anova said:

Boston's spread was 2.5 points with Bloo in the opening show last season ( 1 tenth spread last night in Ohio ).  Boston was 2 tenths from Bloo last night in combined GE.  Boston won the Visual Analysis caption last night over both Bloo and Crown. Boston topped Bloo in Brass and Music Analysis. All 3 Corps are in the beginning stages of refining shows, adding to their shows, and cleaning what they currently have out there. Similar to last year ( and most seasons ) the best read of where Corps are is in the first regional ( San Antonio ). If you are 3rd of 4th there, that is where " the worry " surfaces if you have hopes of topping BD and winning it all. At the moment, all we can say with certainty is that all 3  potential contenders ( and challengers to defending champion BD ) last nite had strong performances with each of the 3 having their strengths in certain captions, and other captions needing improvement.

This is very nice. My opinion stands and I appreciate your opinion. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

I think at finals next month, we will see four corps crack the 97+ scoring barrier for the first time in DCI History with (in no particular order) BD/Bloo/BAC/Crown. 

We came close to this feat in 2008 and 2013. 

What a great season this is shaping up to be. 

Bold prediction! Could be fun to witness!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Boss Anova said:

Same here. Enjoy your summer of Drum Corps !👍

You too. Your comment on Boston makes more sense than my gut feeling for sure. I know my thoughts last night are a bit premature. For some reason watching the show I kept thinking how much I loved every corps but that in the end it felt to me like Bluecoats may be the only show that can challenge BD. It's all just a hunch. I am hoping for a good 4-horse race with these top corps all separated by tenths. 

Edited by jwillis35
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

I think at finals next month, we will see four corps crack the 97+ scoring barrier for the first time in DCI History with (in no particular order) BD/Bloo/BAC/Crown. 

I guess I picked two good years to march then 😅

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Lol Chief. I really thought this post was going to be a BD 3peat prediction.

08 was a great season!

I didn't like 13 as much. The sheets don't think so but I feel the strongest year in the LOS Era was 2015. 

I do hope the prelims to finals run is as exciting as 2015. BD gets 4th in prelims (on a penalty but still) and skyrockets to 1st. Cadets start in 2nd and finish 4th.

• Like 1