Colts 2023

2 minutes ago, copyright said:

This. Congratulations to the members and leadership for such a remarkable season! 

I'm won over after last night. Wasn't holding out, just hadn't caught a full recipe all season.

Isn't this the corps that's also been championing financial transparency and is actually turning a profit without bingo revenue?

Sign me up. Also, the Colts' meme game is on point.

• Like 2

Gotta say, I have never been as impressed by the Colts as I was last night. What a tremendeous show. So happy for them. CONGRATULATIONS COLTS.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jsd said:

Long time BD honk here, dropping into this thread to express some gratitude...

While I am thoroughly enjoying the artistry, genius, and execution that BD is putting on display this year, I have to say that Colts literally have upended me this year. F### scores, (although "bravo" for breaking 90!), f### placement...what the designers and performers are giving to the audience is magical.

For years, the Mars practice facility in Concord was "home". For years, Raider Hall in San Jose was "home". For. years, there were multiple high school that I designed for and taught at that were "home". What Colts are putting on the field reminds me of those places and times, and I am grateful for that (plus, I am a sucker for their musical book selections). 

When I watch their show, I am fully aware that the designers have something in mind, and the performers have something in mind, and the audience will engage with the show with something in mind. 

All I know is this: I believe that this show transcends the activity of "drum and bugle corps", and puts itself squarely in the position of "artistic excellence". They possibly will never know the impact that they have had on their audience, but I wish they did.

Whenever something artistic is created and put out for public consumption, the designers/performers have no idea what the reception will be. The Colts this year have achieved something that moves beyond the "nuts and bolts" of pageantry and takes us to whatever place "home" may be. I honestly feel honored to watch them and their excellence.

"Dome Sweet Dome". Get 'em, Colts.  

Thank you so much for your kind words! Us alumni are over the moon and feel the same way!!

Yes colts are one of the healthiest corps by financial security. But, that is no accident. The board and Vicki are freaking amazing leaders and all prioritize the member experience. 

I honestly wasn’t sure if they’d ever get here but when I think closely - it was bound to happen. The organization is too strong and design team they have now too good. 

This reminds me of when DB rose to power in 2016. The organization was super strong, all it took was Wes Cartwright to catapult them to finals in BOA. Kind of what happened here

• Like 2

I am a long time Colts fan and wow, they're just going for it. Love it! Great show, definitely pulling at the heartstrings (pun may or may not be intended) 🥰

28 minutes ago, WarriorWay said:

Yes colts are one of the healthiest corps by financial security. But, that is no accident. The board and Vicki are freaking amazing leaders and all prioritize the member experience. 

It's never an accident in nonprofit land. The show is the cherry on top. I'm so happy to hear your house has its finances and member experience in order too. Improvements without that are meaningless to me.

Lots and lots to be proud of. Congrats.

My biggest hope is that they can keep this staff together in its entirety. They are on to something very special! Even in the COVID year with “Leap of Faith”, they were on to something that just seems to click!