To Encore or not to Encore in Utah 23

I like that BK doesn’t go for the usual emotional/applause lines that other corps rely on — the hard part is that I sometimes feel a little at sea in shows like this. But not at all in an unenjoyable way.  

My one big complaint though is the voiceover — she reminds me of the Cadets talkshow lady from 2008 for some reason and I would just rather not …

• Like 5

Just now, oldbandguy said:

Really enjoyed Mandarins...very strong brass.  I can hear some Bloo influences there.

I do have to ask...will we see a member(s) strapped to the prop and it does the rapid spin?  Maybe a tuba 🙂 

You’ll probably get some votes here for a trombone.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, oldbandguy said:

Really enjoyed Mandarins...very strong brass.  I can hear some Bloo influences there.

I do have to ask...will we see a member(s) strapped to the prop and it does the rapid spin?  Maybe a tuba 🙂 

They could make a circle of them and spin it like one of those carnival rides where the floor drops out and someone always barfs. 

imagine the GE!

• Haha 3

I don’t know what those rides are called but my description is 100 percent accurate 

8 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

This is my first read on BK but this cannot be the guard that was losing to open class guards… Maybe that was an off night?  

Bro they lost to three OC guards on consecutive nights. So I guess it's a bad weekend lol. 

We will see moving forward. 

• Like 1

So nice to see a west corps show that finishes before midnight, EDT

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1