Broken Arrow 18 July 2023 - the Show, not the Accident (nor the Movie)

4 minutes ago, jasgre2000 said:

Cadets get 5th in visual proficiency, but only .4 behind Bloooo? I don’t get that.

I get it.  

2 minutes ago, ediblewaffles said:

Bloo winning guard is a head-scratcher for me, same with BAC above crown in brass, but I also am a fan with 0 judging experience

Being a fan with zero judging experience qualifies all of us to be an expert on this forum. 

• Haha 4

i cant be mad about the scores because i wasn't there and i am not a judge, plain and simple. but i am a little enamored by the captions and placements. i am certain each judge has their reasons, but from my seat in front of a computer hundreds of miles away, i am confused. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AMarcher said:

I can't begin to quantify how much more enjoyment I get from this activity once I stopped caring about scores and placements.

I’ll be so much happier once I can fully tune out scores. Otherwise, this cycle of Crown finishing 4th every year is going to drive me mad.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, jasgre2000 said:

Crown third in brass, BD 1st and BAC 2nd

Same as finals last year 

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Ashontheinternet said:

i cant be mad about the scores because i wasn't there and i am not a judge, plain and simple. but i am a little enamored by the captions and placements. i am certain each judge has their reasons, but from my seat in front of a computer hundreds of miles away, i am confused. 

Yeah, sometimes I have to remind myself that this is a structured competition, adjudicated not by the fans but by the judges, who are by definition correct, because they are the ones who worked to get, and got the job. We can score the corps by our own metrics but that's a different thing. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

Scores be darned. Here's my fav's for tonight:

1. Crown

2. Bluecoats

3. BD

4. BAC

5. Cadets

6. Blue Stars

Go back to bed

• Haha 5

as wild as these numbers are tonight, i am so unbelievably excited now to see how the season changes. i dont think there is a single corps in the 3-6 place satisfied with their placements tonight, they will get fiery and feisty. 

• Like 3