Broken Arrow 18 July 2023 - the Show, not the Accident (nor the Movie)

51LoaiNqVEL._AC_UX679_.jpg

...I kid, of course...

I just couldn't resist needling you.  

• Haha 1

Yup, BD had an off night … they actually lost a caption.

I need off nights like this. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sensioto said:

Competitive "dynasties" are not exclusive to DCI, too. In every sport, there is a standard, or "blue blood(s)," as some call them, that epitomize the activity and are consistently at the top. And shock and awe ensues when the mighty are finally toppled every few years. Think Alabama/Georgia/Ohio State in college football, the New England Patriots/Tom Brady in the NFL, Kansas/Kentucky/Duke/UNC in college basketball, the USA at the Summer Olympics, Norway at the Winter Olympics, etc. Establishing the upper tier of competition trickles down across all activities. 

I refuse to think of Ohio State as a dynasty!

Go Blue!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Go Blue!

51LoaiNqVEL._AC_UX679_.jpg

:tongue:

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Go Blue!

Do you still walk around the M on the diag? Not me, I stomp on it. They don’t scare me anymore 😎

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Do you still walk around the M on the diag? Not me, I stomp on it. They don’t scare me anymore 😎

I’m perfectly fine with you jabbing a big “W” flag in the middle of the “O” in the Horseshoe! 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

3 hours ago, jmc5682 said:

I love BD's show, but I counted 12 dropped pieces of equipment last night.  As a guard person it drove me crazy.  I then took into account there was some wind, but 12 drops is just not going to cut it!  I am sure the next time will be better. 

I like that the guard throws caution to the wind.  There was just a lot of wind last night to throw caution to.  It won't hurt them in the indoor shows.

Actually it was kind of fun to watch.  My favorite was the sabre that went bounding across the platform with the guy chasing after it like a runaway dog.

You have to have a sense of humor about these things.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, jmc5682 said:

I love BD's show, but I counted 12 dropped pieces of equipment last night.  As a guard person it drove me crazy.  I then took into account there was some wind, but 12 drops is just not going to cut it!  I am sure the next time will be better.  I thought BD's previous performance was much better!  I am pretty sure BD is going to win it all this year, but I have really learned to love each drum corps for what they offer.  My biggest worry is the rising cost of doing drum corps.  If things keep going up, I fear this activity I love will no longer be financially viable.  I really want to enjoy all the drum corps I can while it still exists!

Guard scoring is just as much about recovery from mistakes as it is about execution. The more seamless the recovery, the less harm mistakes have on your overall score 

• Like 2