Houston show that's actually Tomball

2 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

I think it's Boston's fault. Really - all these guards are trying to keep up with Boston's and just pack their shows with content. I love it. I'm so grateful to Boston's guard since 2017. It's because of them that we are seeing out of this world guard books. It's such a treat, even with drops.

Not in this case. Blue Stars have always had a complex and challenging guard book full of weapon work. Shapiro throws the whole thing at them at the start of the season and it's a race to see if they can clean the book by the end of the season. 

There's a whole cadre of kids in the guard world who go to Blue Stars just to spin a Shapiro book.

• Like 4

I’ve been waiting for the blue stars show to grow on me like last years but it just hasn’t. Guard is not cleaning up and horns aren’t brining the power I am used to at this point. The demand is there to be above troopers and colts but one of them could pass them in ge. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Musicman1084 said:

Also, I saw Hieu Nguyen on video as a judge tonight. Not sure if he's judging guard, but if he is, I have always found him to be a "call it like I see it" kind of person, so curious what results will look like tonight.

Nguyen was announced on Vis Proficiency tonight I believe. Or it may have been Vis Analysis. But it wasn't Color Guard.

• Thanks 1

Am I the only one seeing lightning in the distance or is that the camera playing tricks on me? 

3 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Not in this case. Blue Stars have always had a complex and challenging guard book full of weapon work. Shapiro throws the whole thing at them at the start of the season and it's a race to see if they can clean the book by the end of the season. 

There's a whole cadre of kids in the guard world who go to Blue Stars just to spin a Shapiro book.

Yes, I understand that. But Boston has taken guard to a whole new level with clean and demanding books. At least IMO.