Getting the Colts logo off the 50 yd line for finals

I'm just going to leave this here for anyone that says you can't paint over the logo at Lucas Oil Stadium...

This video here also shows the faint outline of the logo at about the 12 second mark...

Edited by rjohn76
  • Thanks 1

Oh I had no doubt you could.  I mean, I've seen the Big Ten game there on TV.   

The stopper is paying the piper.  Big Ten pulled $854.6 million in revenue last year according to a CBS article I found.  That's pretty much why they can do that and DCI cannot.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sideways said:

Go back 25-30 years and you will find marching bands at BOA that have put a tarp down to cover the colts logo.  I think Plymouth Canton was one of the first to do so in the early 90s.

I agree. That helmet is an eyesore and totally foreign to any effect any corps is trying to achieve. (Of course, if Bayonne were still around and Hoffman on the planet, he would design a show replicating an NFL game and just co-opt the sucker.)

I fully expect the tarp thing to happen, ...but not this year.

1 hour ago, ironlips said:

I agree. That helmet is an eyesore and totally foreign to any effect any corps is trying to achieve. (Of course, if Bayonne were still around and Hoffman on the planet, he would design a show replicating an NFL game and just co-opt the sucker.)

I fully expect the tarp thing to happen, ...but not this year.

Or Bluecoats in 2014 when they tilted the field. 

And, if I recall, didn’t the Cadets replace the 20’s with 10’s for The Power of Ten show?

if it's that big of a deal for a corps, they're free to put a green tarp over the logo

Edited by ykw
  • Like 3

Crown deconstructed the field with clever tarp and prop effects.  I'm trying to remember if they did up the logo.

Of course Mandarins obliterated it with a rotating stage.  

4 hours ago, rjohn76 said:

I'm just going to leave this here for anyone that says you can't paint over the logo at Lucas Oil Stadium...

This video here also shows the faint outline of the logo at about the 12 second mark...

That video is 10 years old, they have since replaced the turf with a new turf after the 2018 B1G championships turf failure. The logo is sewn into the carpet. B1G has their own custom turf that's rolled out for the title game.

11 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

When this plan is put into action, I want to be a fly on the wall, when someone goes into the office of Colts Owner Jim Irsay and tells him he needs to remove his logo off his field. 

The number of ways Irsay can/will tell those people to go pound sand will be interesting. 

The city of Indianapolis and Marion County paid for the stadium and own & operate Lucas Oil Stadium and the Indiana Convention Center (and the new Soccer stadium under construction). The city will tell Irsay to pound sand