Getting the Colts logo off the 50 yd line for finals

8 hours ago, greenland said:

Perhaps it is time to have a DCI finals without the Colts logo dominating the field during finals. It tak. es away from the performing corps, videos, and general scenario. It is almost as though you guys can do your thing, however you will know we are omnipresent. Considering the Crowds and $$ that DCI infuses into Indy we could have one night when the field is ours.

It's a non issue. DCI does not have their own stadium and have been performing on "fields" with logos for 51 years and it's NOT A PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, mcjordansc said:

I think MetLife Stadium has the NFL logo on the 50. They change out the endzone turf between weeks. 

That's correct.

I design synthetic turf fields.

MetLIfe has separate endzone turf for each team.

They are large "trays" .

As I recall, it takes the ground crews about 8 hours to remove the turf for one team and

install the turf for the other.

They do the same thing for college games.

They have "plain" turf, that they paint each team's logo.

I don't know if the endzone turf sections "zip" together or use a

Velcro type fastener.

I guess they could use something similar for midfield.

But, every synthetic turf field I've designed had the midfield logo, and all the line markings

sown in.

In fact, today's turf comes with the lines manufactured  as part of the turf.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

I'm sure the "Colts" logo is permanent as it's sewn into the turf.  Also in the past, there has been a pre-season game played on Sunday afternoon in Lucas Oil.   

they did get a new turf after the 2019 B1G title game, when the endzone turf famously separated. But they do have either, removable parts or the B1G has paid for a custom turf to be installed for the championship game. I doubt DCI would want to pay upwards of a million+ to have their own turf, nor would they have the money. unlike turf's of the past, you cant remove the paint, you'd need to have a modular field or purchase a custom logo'd truf. 

• Like 2

I don't think it's an odd request the OP is making. I'm not sure if it's even possible but it sure is ugly having it on the field for shows. Worst logo in the NFL.

Edited by Vuitton
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vuitton said:

I don't think it's an odd request the OP is making. I'm not sure if it's even possible but it sure is ugly having it on the field for shows. Worst logo in the NFL.

i'ts not odd...its just cost prohibitive. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, greenland said:

Perhaps it is time to have a DCI finals without the Colts logo dominating the field during finals. It tak. es away from the performing corps, videos, and general scenario. It is almost as though you guys can do your thing, however you will know we are omnipresent. Considering the Crowds and $$ that DCI infuses into Indy we could have one night when the field is ours.

When this plan is put into action, I want to be a fly on the wall, when someone goes into the office of Colts Owner Jim Irsay and tells him he needs to remove his logo off his field. 

The number of ways Irsay can/will tell those people to go pound sand will be interesting. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, greenland said:

I know it won’t happen, but i have wanted this since the very first use of LOS.

3 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

So like...who in DCI can make an NFL owner give up free advertising for three days and all the social media clips thereafter?  

I don't care how good the corps are, I will never look at that logo while enjoying a show, and then suddenly become a Colts fan. Plus, Irsay is a tool of an owner. 

Edited by CAtenhut
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

I'm sure the "Colts" logo is permanent as it's sewn into the turf.  Also in the past, there has been a pre-season game played on Sunday afternoon in Lucas Oil.   

Generally the logos are painted.

• Like 1