DCI Austin - July 20

DCI changes the rules as they go. Cavaliers didn't qualify for scores last year due to covid but competed in the same slot that they would have. DCI knows that of SCV comes back that it will get butts in seats and need to put them later since most people miss the first half of shows. I'd expect them to be after INT at most shows. Easiest way out is if you were a finalist before you took time off you go on before the first finalist group. If you weren't a finalist you go on first. 

Just visited the show site.  Cavaliers were in sectionals ... in the shade.  My car said it was 116 when I got in but cooled down to a chilly 107 as I drove.  Time to drink lots of water.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

alternative show thread title - bring it a-round rock - Austin 7/20 😜

I LOVE the KRAC, great stadium.   

Rock around the corps tonight

5 hours ago, Brian1313 said:

I can't get the performance order here. Spirt is currently ranked above three of the groups following them in DCI's rankings and just recently beat The Academy's best score of the season.

Unless SoA asked to go on first for travel reasons, I don't understand it. I was told DCI was slotted! 😉

From DCI’s article about how performance order was determined for this year’s tour:

* Seattle Cascades and Spirit of Atlanta who did not compete at the 2022 DCI World Championships are inserted into the bottom of 2022’s standings.

Article link:
https://www.dci.org/news/explainer-how-performance-order-is-set-for-2023-dci-tour

• Thanks 1

I'm more torn on the fact that Flo will have both this show and Denton on tonight and I'm gonna be "which corps do I catch in this slot and which do I not get to see tonight?"  😞

25 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

I'm more torn on the fact that Flo will have both this show and Denton on tonight and I'm gonna be "which corps do I catch in this slot and which do I not get to see tonight?"  😞

Which groups have you seen very little of or  none at all than I watch those than alternate between tonight's 2 event streams

Just now, Zeke said:

Which groups have you seen very little of or  none at all than I watch those than alternate between tonight's 2 event streams

That's basically gonna me my thing but the FOMO factor is high.  

Hi, I'm KVG_DC, I am a drum corps addict.

28 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

You can always switch back and forth. They let you rewind 🙂