Battle At The Alamo(dome) - July 22,2023

1 minute ago, Musicman1084 said:

Tuning in a bit late and catching up (what else is new...)

I am super impressed with Arsenal. Is this their first year? Small corps with some obvious talent and designers that gave them a very appropriate design, both not attempting to do too much but also challenging them just enough. This corps of ~35 members was super impactful. Gives me some slight Mandarins 90s vibes. Also, kudos to the members playing double-duty, including the two brass players who spun rifle in the closer! Given they're from El Paso, I wonder if there is any connection to Eastlake HS, who has a great guard program.

They sprung up in 2017.  They're a soundsport outfit this year.  

• Thanks 1

Great show Genesis!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

They sprung up in 2017.  They're a soundsport outfit this year.  

They were working to go Open Class in 2019...then the director called out Pioneer and Oregon Crusaders on social media and DCI didn't like that, so their application was denied.

• Sad 2

GENESIS! Way to go!! I loved everything about this show. It is the perfect vehicle for this corps. Excellent music book and the guard is staged very well and has a nice visual book as well. Show is cleaning up nicely. Big audience response for Genesis. I am sure Texas is proud. This is a fun show!