Battle At The Alamo(dome) - July 22,2023

4 minutes ago, Ashontheinternet said:

today is not a good day for my internet to have issues. i hope i can get it working soon, missed too many shows already. 

Did you try rebooting your modem and router?   Seems obvious,  but sometimes forget to do this.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Musicman1084 said:

Anybody who got up from their seats after PC is missing a terrific musical performance.

Agreed!! Wow!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ndrudy2013 said:

I really like PC but I don’t think that was their best run and let that horn line loose.

They've got more in them for sure.  It's only the first regional.

I feel like BK had a rougher run than they've had recently and a rougher run than PC tonight.  Ironically, they have the opposite deal and I think need to reel in the brass line and fix intonation before letting it rip.  

BK might be looking back at SOA a bit more tonight. 

[watch me be wrong]

• Like 1

Visually, the PC show looks clean, polished and cool to look at. Musically, the esoteric feel is consistent throughout, and that isn't necessarily a good thing. Their phrasing and inflection is quite flat, and that hinders general effect as well.

Spirit and Scouts both have the most cleaning left to do in that cluster of corps, and if they can reach PC levels of precision, one of them will end up in 12th. I will favor Spirit over the Scouts, because Madison has more ground to make up in visual and guard. Ignore the DCI Austin spread between Spirit and BK. One GE judge hosed them royally, putting them in 7th behind Genesis. BS. The Delta is much closer to 12th than it appears.   

As someone who played mallets in DCI and played piccolo in college band, I'm really enjoying hearing piccolos in a DCI stream. Love their balanced sound. ❤️ 

• Like 2

This Thai group has some really quality players

• Like 3