Battle At The Alamo(dome) - July 22,2023

1 minute ago, SOA Dad said:

This is my favorite Blue Stars show since 2014. IDK why … can’t put my finger on it … but it hits the right way.

I loved that anniversary show.   For me, it's the colors.  The guard in the show for 2014 was colorful and charming.   This one comes off more as vibrant and quirky.   But the color usage is there.   

1 minute ago, mcjordansc said:

I guess the Blue Stars simply need domed stadiums. Tonight’s show was head and shoulders above any of their previous performances. 

It's definitely a "designed for LOS" show in many ways.  I just hope the things they've been encountering outdoors don't hold them back from their shot under the lights.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I think Mandarins and PR eat Cadets lunch in terms of conceptualization/visual design.  I like it a lot as a show I’ll listen to in the car but not a lot there to really dig into compared to the corps that are likely in their competitive neighborhood.  They way more than have the talent. 

Well said! Last season was conceptually much more tightly-written, so this feels like a step backward despite what is likely a higher performance level. And therein lies my frustration with anyone trying to shut down critique: it's not about just the uniforms, or just the props, or the any of the other little design decisions. It's that all those little decisions unfortunately don't add up to a cohesive whole, and that is likely going to cost them several placements.

That said, I'm loving seeing this show clean up and evolve, and the incredible effort of the members. Well done, Cadets!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

one of my favorite things about this first regional is that we get to hear what the show's are designed to sound like when it counts.  this troopers show is one that i'm really curious about how different all the backfield playing stuff will sound.  

• Like 2

[tilts hat downward to guard against the sun as he steps through town. Kicks the dust off his boots and swings the double door into the saloon.]

Are the gold belts new or have I just not noticed them? 

They have a less monochromatic look since adding the jackets now.  I like.  

Edited by KVG_DC
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow on first watch I’m loving this troopers show.