Hotlanta On My Mind - July 29, 2023

Meanwhile my phone keeps blowing up as this storm is quite a storm moving over DC

• Like 1

Just now, IllianaLancerContra said:

Is he associated w/ DCI or did he come with the stadium?

No idea.  He's doing great though! 

Will miss Crossmen tonight. Would have loved another head to head with X-Men, PC, and BK. 

(Mistyped -- it said "head to heat". Maybe my iPhone is telling me something.)

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

Nothing's perfect.  If you put all the corps on for 4-6 hours that ends up not being a pleasant experience for those who try to sit in bleacher seats the whole time.

You should have been there back in the says when DCI East prelims started at 8am on a Saturday morning.  The groupings scores from at least 30 corps were posted on a chalk board near the right endzone and updated every 3 or 4 corps.  By the time they finished at 3 or 4 pm you're tired, hungry, smelly and little tire of hearing drum corps shows.  And not that it matters but I also got a splinter in the butt one year from the wooden bleachers!

Then the top 12 (I think it was 12, maybe 8  would play in finals and get done really late, can't remember the exact time.  It was too much.

Give me a two day split any day.

Brings back memories.Showing up the night before Allentown, parking next to the river. Some people brought tents,others just slept in their cars. Waking up early to the sound of drumlines warming up all around you. Breakfast at the diner, drum corps all day, some Yocco dogs, then back into the stadium for the evening finals...  lemonade and funnel cakes...

Some of the best days of mylife.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Is he associated w/ DCI or did he come with the stadium?

He was in the booth last night. Dan Potter's post:  (Picture won't load)

Yes, that’s BOA “Joining Us..” Announcer Challenge winner Nick Costella now training to be a DCI announcer!! Listen for him tomorrow night calling the DCI Southeastern Championship in Atlanta. #proudpublicaddressparent #DCI2023
Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

And Flo is up.  
Assume this is SoA Alumni?

Prob Atlanta CV. SOA Alumni scheduled for the encore.