Hotlanta On My Mind - July 29, 2023

Something I read the other day that I found quite interesting... Since we had basically two years with no real human contact, humans are far more susceptible to viruses than before the pandemic. This enterovirus is probably hitting the corps far harder than it would have in 2019. Back then it would have been a few people with the runs and that'd be the end of it. Now, its knocking corps out of competition. Just because covid is a thing of the past, we still have to be vigilant with hygiene.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I believe they are back in tonight. 

Word I got was they are cautiously optimistic 

1 minute ago, Cainan said:

Something I read the other day that I found quite interesting... Since we had basically two years with no real human contact, humans are far more susceptible to viruses than before the pandemic. This enterovirus is probably hitting the corps far harder than it would have in 2019. Back then it would have been a few people with the runs and that'd be the end of it. Now, its knocking corps out of competition. Just because covid is a thing of the past, we still have to be vigilant with hygiene.

Hygiene/also rebuilding immune systems 

• Like 1

Just now, Cainan said:

That's pretty much the story I remember reading behind last year's RSV outbreak among little kids.  Normally, they'd have been already exposed in smaller batches, but because of the isolation, we had a whole year of RSV exposure at once, then they took it to grandma and grandpas all at once too. 

Ditto on why flu was bad last year as well.