Hotlanta On My Mind - July 29, 2023

18 minutes ago, Cainan said:

I'm torn....

I really like this corps and I really like this show. I think this SHOULD be in Finals. That said... it feels safe. 

The battery is smashing it but visually this feels safe and slow. That last set takes WAAAAYYYYYY too long to develop. Also, brass did not have a good run today. Intonation issues but more concerning was I heard bad attacks and missed releases all over the show. At this point of the season, the upstairs music judges will rip out your heart and eat your soul for basic brain farts like that. This was an opportunity to respond to Crossmen jumping over them and I worry this may have been a missed opportunity today.

I feel being down last night to Crossmen by .15 when they lost Percussion by 2.1 gives me confidence they will continue to clean and work on the little parts of the show that now stick out.   That was enough of a statement after their down night in Mesquite that relieved some concerns of going backwards. 

Not sure I agree with the safe visual part as I feel their visual movements puts them at more risk if it's not clean and they do so many little things that can be negatively scored if not done with precision.   A lot of other shows hide that with different visual tricks which is why I think PC ends up scoring higher than them on most nights when they have a clean run.

They are constantly working on the visuals aspects (this show is vastly different than what they did in San Diego to start the season) so I know they will continue to work, add, and clean it up.

Edited by spacewill

3 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

INT be like

giphy.gif

I haven't been able to actually catch Cadets in a few weeks.  I missed them in SA by 2 bands. So I'm excited to see them tonight!

2 minutes ago, spacewill said:

I feel being down last night to Crossmen by .15 when they lost Percussion by 2.1 gives me confidence they will continue to clean and work on the little parts of the show that now stick out.   That was enough of a statement after their down night in Mesquite that relieved some concerns of going backwards. 

Not sure I agree with the safe visual part as I feel their visual movements puts them at more risk if it's not clean and they do so many little things that can be negatively scored if not done with precision.   A lot of other shows hide that with different visual tricks which is why I think PC ends up scoring higher than them on most nights when they have a clean run.

They are constantly working on the visuals aspects (this show is vastly different than what they did in San Diego to start the season) so I know they will continue to work, add, and clean it up.

I have a strong feeling that PC will be in the 12 spot for finals for many reasons. A new qualifier is good for DCI.

The show is fan friendly and technically proficient. Drumline needs to stay healthy and consistent.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, denverjohn said:

I have a strong feeling that PC will be in the 12 spot for finals for many reasons. A new qualifier is good for DCI.

The show is fan friendly and technically proficient. Drumline needs to stay healthy and consistent.

I know you didn't really mean it this way, but let's please not say "because DCI wants a new finalist".  PC has worked too hard, along with every other corp to even have that floating around.   Let's keep the belief that each of the 12 to 16 are putting it on the field and the best semi-final run will be the run to go on Saturday night!

Just now, jordsterr said:

I made a conscious decision to only say positive things this season.  But seriously.  Whoever is running this show needs to figure it out.  The traffic/concession/souvie experience is one of the worst I've ever experienced. 

I hate to tell you this, but that is a theme in a lot of venues.  Many have 20 concession stands they could open, and yet only open 2.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

Lets hope Cadets ending reads a little better tonight 

Yes but isn’t it amazing?! That’s the true Cadets change I was hoping for, outside of a bigger ### Z pull. 

• Like 1

Get it, Garfield!! Man this is such as Cadets show I’m obsessed and it’s been many, many years since I’ve been able to say that,