Enough?

1 hour ago, redheadedsop said:

How do the Modern Corps make their Music when they don’t have 12 Contra/Tubas and 12 Keyboard instruments in the Pit area? Along with 2 Electric Pianos, for some.

After all, the most Professional of Musicians, Members of Symphony Orchestras, aren’t lucky enough to have that kind of support?

Back in the 70/80’s we weren’t so lucky, and had to produce listenable Music with 4-5 Contras, and only 2-4 keyboards, like Xylophones and Marimbas! How in the world did we make Music?

I’m watching Nightbeat, and the Blue Stars look more like the Green Stars. And last night at SouthEast Regionals, I saw a LOTS of Trombones (as Seinfeld said, ‘There’s nothing wrong with that!), and even a classical French Horn.

Dogs and Cats living together!

And not having Judges on the Field, for ‘Safety Concerns’? What were the statistics?

And the ‘Controllers’ up front? Why aren’t they member age? Most I’ve seen are like Roadies for Bands, 35-40.

I have to say, at least FloMarching isn’t following the 1 1/2 second visuals we see so often today. But they need to Lock-Down their cameras. Too many ‘accidental’ movements.

And what can you say about BlueCoats show? It’s better to see it AFTER the drugs have kicked in! Then it makes sense! Booo!

When Amplification was not needed:

Red Headed Sop

Gurlllllll.... U OKAY?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

well......bye

• Haha 1

Well, I did not have this on my DCP Rant bingo card. 

• Haha 5

this makes 4 threads in the last week that ive seen that are fully outrageous reads. at least this one isnt about the judges having a bd bias, or trying to kick bd out, or hoping judges in the east will kick bd down or literally ANYTHING about bd, but this is just something. did someone put something in the water supply? 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Ashontheinternet said:

this makes 4 threads in the last week that ive seen that are fully outrageous reads.

This is the United States of America. 

Our forefathers, back in the days of Fife and Drum corps brought forth the greatest political document ever written, The Constitution.  The First Amendment guarantees us the right  bring up any subject on the DCP Discussion Board, even if it includes the fighting words, "Blue Devils" and even if some people disagree with that.

Should anyone disagree with MY opinion on this, I reserve my right to invoke the Second Amendment.  Just as the writer of the constitution Thomas Jefferson once said, "he with biggest firearm wins argument."  Discussion ended. 

I win.  👍  😎  ++++++++++++++++

PS - If anyone is wondering why I'm mindlessly blathering on at four in the morning, you guys are helping to keep me entertained.  I woke up at 3a with a headache and didn't feel good so I took my blood pressure and I've been taking it every 15 minutes.  Even an hour after I took my blood pressure pill it's now at 194/102, way too high.    I'm usually around 140/68.  It's now 5am so off to the doctor for me in a couple of hours once the office opens.

Edited by wvu80