Why is Jersey Surf even still a world class corps?

8 hours ago, Musicman1084 said:

I'm pretty sure Spaeth was the designer behind their 2019 underwater show. That is still to this day one of my favorite drum corps shows of all time. The composition and aesthetic were so fresh, and it was the perfect, achievable vehicle to allow that year's performers to thrive. They were given a mature design without losing some of the whimsy they've become known for.

Not all drum corps shows need to be pushing the boundaries of the activity and sprinting to the podium. It may be hard for some to believe, but sometimes a show can have a profound impact on the audience without winning a medal, all while providing an opportunity for the members that many people can only dream of achieving.

Madison's tribute show to 9/11 

8 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

I mean...they weren't gonna sniff advancement in 2012 but everyone was talking about how fun the Bridgemania show was to watch.

Honestly one of the best crowd reactions all summer

2 hours ago, MikeN said:

Jersey Surf fielded a corps and SCV couldn't.  <shrug>  Just saying (ok, with a fair bit of snark)...

Mike

Truth

On 8/2/2023 at 12:49 PM, Chief Guns said:

Well George Jetson was born July 31st, 2022. 

So in 2040 I will be rooting for him as he marches with Orbit City Drum and Bugle Corps.

1969:

When we had hundreds and hundreds of corps, including the Orbits.

https://qns.com/2015/10/old-timer-ridgewoods-olmm-orbits-band-reunites-after-four-decades/

I think the poster is going with a premier league approach. But... I can't say I agree with the poster.

Are the marchers learning? Are they gaining life experiences to do better down the road? You betcha. 

It doesn't matter what level they are in.... what matters is the experience.