Whale Watching Tour Lawrence, MA August 3, 2023 (DCI East Coast Show Case)

Phantom’s guard was really good tonight battling through the worst wind. Just talked to some of the guard members at the store and they said they felt good too but had to use wind modifications. Wouldn’t read much into their guard score tonight. I also think their brass score should be higher, they sound so amazing and the long mello tone is so smoooth. 

Not taking away from Mandarins though! If I was judging GE, Mandarins would be second in that category right behind Boston! I don’t get GE scores this year ?!?  The end of that show gives you all the energy and feels and everyone knows it. Other moments are really great too with fantastic flow, visual and energy throughout. 

Edited by Den8uml
  • Like 3

Thanks for the pictures @Den8uml.  I would say the scores in general only matter with regards to how the corps competing in the same conditions do.  So Sinners and Aliens being close still makes for a great end of season battle!

• Like 3

Everyone had to deal with the wind and whatever other elements that challenged the performers this evening.  

Good job to all the corps tonight! 

On to Allentown!

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, bkbass98 said:

Nobody knows what it means, but it’s provocative. It gets the people going.

Not true, I 100% know what GE means.  It means that whenever my kids band is in a competition that my heart rate will go up 120% because of not having a clue what their GE score will be!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Best part of the 5-7 battle is those are 3 of my favorite shows this year so getting to see them in a row and having them throw haymakers at each other all the way through Indy will be a joy and Highlight of our finals experience! 

As will seeing PC in Lucas Oil and putting a finishing touch on this amazing season regardless of if they make Saturday or not!

• Like 7