Still Crum-bling on the hill in Allentown - August 5, 2023

I think the cadets show has really come along!! 

i think the 20 second tuba feature is really overpowered by the battery (particularly snares)

The Batman ballad seems really short?? That piece is really pretty and it seems rushed Jay Bocook

The end is REALLY hard. I think it’s clean they just need a little more gas in the tank 

• Like 1

Just now, postertrout said:

Yea, my son said the GE judges felt the show needed something to define its meaning, so I am guessing the VO were their answer. My son was not happy with VOs since it is such a Cadets meme. 

Well, there’s a life lesson. I really love this show and how well it portrays and embodies its theme, and my guess is many of those who don’t like the VOs feel the same way. So, it is a compliment to Cadets. You must be a very proud parent!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Phantom Regimin.....t

This announcer has his own take too.

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Merging the SCV talent into other finalist corps is surely a big reason.

No, no, no. The corps don't support the assertion that SCV members went to other corps making them better. ..and we've also been told that the percussion section sat out this year en masse so that's 30 something less people to go to other corps to start with.

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, postertrout said:

Their GE score went up over a point after they included it into the show. 

Yup.  Done simply to please the GE2 judge that needs to be told how the visuals tell the story.

Edited by ykw
  • Like 2

Really enjoying the Cadets show this year. but felt like they had some stamina issues in the brass tonight, especially in the fast stuff in the closer.  Love the beginning!

• Like 2