Still Crum-bling on the hill in Allentown - August 5, 2023

4 hours ago, Ashontheinternet said:

i think something here to consider is that our friend barry might not know how long he will be fighting the effects of his illness. maybe barry is worried if he takes time away from the job he does, he might not get the opportunity to do it again. personally, i didn't hate his announcing and i thought it was way better than some other announcers ive heard in the past. i respect barry for pushing through and pursuing the job in spite of his situation. it takes guts to put yourself in front of tens of thousands of people to make announcements, and i respect the effort.

If he had issues I couldn’t tell because of the issues with the sound system 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, LabMaster said:

Is it his job?  Or does he volunteer his time.  Not that it matters all that much anyway.  Given this IS a youth activity, can we not cut someone some slack especially for something not all that critically important in life?  I thought one thing we were all getting from our experience with Covid is to be a little kinder, a little more compassionate.  

That's not the message I've gotten after all of his Covid business, but it's my personal stance on everything.

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 2

The SHOW took forever and then nothing but bad places were open for food etc. DC EAST should find a better place than Anywhere in PA. LOL, bar or bowling fare. The place is outdated and should be ignored, but the old-time nostalgia keeps coming back. Replies will indicate it. 

Move DC East to a better place. Out of PA maybe in NJ or Mass. 

1 hour ago, Dcivago said:

The SHOW took forever and then nothing but bad places were open for food etc. DC EAST should find a better place than Anywhere in PA. LOL, bar or bowling fare. The place is outdated and should be ignored, but the old-time nostalgia keeps coming back. Replies will indicate it. 

DCi has looked i have heard. but logisitics and cost keep it there

On 8/7/2023 at 1:12 PM, Ashontheinternet said:

i think something here to consider is that our friend barry might not know how long he will be fighting the effects of his illness. maybe barry is worried if he takes time away from the job he does, he might not get the opportunity to do it again. personally, i didn't hate his announcing and i thought it was way better than some other announcers ive heard in the past. i respect barry for pushing through and pursuing the job in spite of his situation. it takes guts to put yourself in front of tens of thousands of people to make announcements, and i respect the effort.

Barry's a great guy, for sure. 

I'm not a fan of "announcer bashing"... on this site, or anywhere. 

From personal experience...it is not an easy job. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Dcivago said:

When you say "the show took forever" what do you mean?  

It seemed to me they stayed right on schedule and the time between corps seemed minimal. 

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

Barry's a great guy, for sure. 

I'm not a fan of "announcer bashing"... on this site, or anywhere. 

From personal experience...it is not an easy job. 

Well he tells better jokes 😂

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, wigwam said:

When you say "the show took forever" what do you mean?  

It seemed to me they stayed right on schedule and the time between corps seemed minimal. 

The delay on Friday was due to cascades vehicle issues. So they made that INT and actually got a few minutes ahead

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dcivago said:

Having participated and been a paying fan now for decades I will say this... The atmosphere at Allentown's DCE shows is unparalleled. The energy of the crowd, combined with the historical significance of the venue, creates an electric ambiance that elevates the performances that you just can't get at other venues having attended many of them from the tour.

As a corps performer, I fed off this energy, and delivered my most memorable show of the season when I marched at this venue...

• Like 5