DCI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS SEMIFINALS

Love Academys music! Best run for them this season. 

Job well done Academy! 

Can't wait to see you guys kill it in 2024. 

• Like 6

Beautiful Academy! Loved your show all summer long! Thank you for one of my favorite ballads. Wonderful show! Well done all!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, bluesman said:

The Academy gave a much better performance today than yesterday.   I really like the show design, but I think they need to make some changes with the brass staff.  Too many balance and intonation issues keeping them out a run for finals

And after struggling all season, the screamer nailed his note both nights in Indy! So happy for him! 👏

• Like 9

Music City is only 4 points out of finals.   Recruit more of the Indiana kids and they have a bright future.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

And after struggling all season, the screamer nailed his note both nights in Indy! So happy for him! 👏

Their brass issues seem more to do with age and experience. I can see where the line is in the list of corps and it’s obvious in rankings. I guarantee you we can hear where corps are fielding mostly college aged kids.

• Like 1

I really love how Music City uses their drill to consistently convey the theme. That being said I think they’ll score under Academy today…

• Like 3

Are sabres all that productive visually? Might just be me. Always seems there could be more effective oomph just by sticking with flags or rifles.

3 minutes ago, 27Socal said:

Music City is only 4 points out of finals.   Recruit more of the Indiana kids and they have a bright future.

I wonder if the new Memphis Blues will have any effect on Music City's recruitment.  They performed as part of Sound Sport this year and were pretty impressive.

1 minute ago, MikeRapp said:

Their brass issues seem more to do with age and experience. I can see where the line is in the list of corps and it’s obvious in rankings. I guarantee you we can hear where corps are fielding mostly college aged kids.

These lower tier corps have ageouts too, but I get your point. Unfortunately, for corps like Madison, Academy, and Pacific Crest, they are almost like a feeder corps since many of their "stronger" members will leave for top 12 corps.

• Thanks 1