2023 DCI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS

There is just something about a Paul Lovett-Cooper trumpet/cornet solo that is so uplifting in every piece he writes. This one is no exception, and it is enhanced by the incredible tone of the soloist, which sometimes makes me think they’re on a cornet for this moment.

The brass then makes their own uplifting statement, accentuated by teh wonderful unison flag work in the guard. An excellent mix of visual and musical elegance.

Moving into the next movement, the build in the percussion is full of tension, only released after a strong bass feature and a single shot from the snares.

My first set of goosebumps of the night were from Phantom.

My 2nd are from that Cadets soloist. Absolutely sublime 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Tenors just throw down a great feature midfield. snares now joined by the tubas for their feature as the tempo increases..and increases. This is run and gun Cadets all the way.

• Like 1

Just now, kevingamin said:

There is just something about a Paul Lovett-Cooper trumpet/cornet solo that is so uplifting in every piece he writes. This one is no exception, and it is enhanced by the incredible tone of the soloist, which sometimes makes me think they’re on a cornet for this moment.

The brass then makes their own uplifting statement, accentuated by teh wonderful unison flag work in the guard. An excellent mix of visual and musical elegance.

Moving into the next movement, the build in the percussion is full of tension, only released after a strong bass feature and a single shot from the snares.

I was wondering about the horn. It looked like it was either a cornet or e flat trumpet. Am I seeing things? 

I thought the unis were fine, to be honest. This show was a bit too simple for me personally but can see how others would like this

(this is coming from the person who unironically liked Agnus Dei and Do Better, take my opinion with a grain of salt)

2 minutes ago, treved said:

Me too, I liked the seeing the ankle lol. But no doubt they look cleaner with the socks. 

Connecting to your inner Victorian? 🙂

• Haha 1