2023 DCI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS

I think Bloo was slightly cleaber yesterday, but they played with better emotion and enthusiasm tonight. Such a great show.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, kevingamin said:

This show is almost like a lawyer’s process: Tell them what you’re going to tell them (the opening poem recitation), tell them (the snippets of the poem throughout the show), tell them what you told them (the closer). Also, this closer has one of the jazziest moments from Bloo I’ve heard.

Should I ever get put on trial, I'm hiring the Bluecoats to represent me

• Haha 1

Bluecoats
MTS: movement technique/safety, C.: Costuming, PQ: performance quality

MTS:  Saw some missing clarity in a gesture leg Bloo NO! Despite that, like Crown, equipment work is strong. Nono some pitchyness in saber tosses no. Lovely floor worker on the elbows guard. Again, this is where Bloo guard choeo innovates! YAAAAS, I saw that rifle need to move to catch the ensemble toss, despite that it was perfect. SEEEE other guards… you POINT YOUR FEET LIKE BLOO when you slide to the floor! CHEFS KISS! In this ballad, your floorwork is beautiful guard, very innovative for the drum corps world TY! They also release their heads and don’t always perform frontal and upward. So refreshing! No notes on the BOMP. I love it so much. Excellent work from the Black Mushroom Priests and peeped a few excellent big rifle exchanges. Lovely ensemble catches sabes.

C.: I’m a hard pass on hot pink unitards in general. That said, the color shift from pink to orange is lovely at a distance. The real standout here is the Black Mushroom Priests which just capture me through and through.

PQ: Beautiful swivel swirly hands gesture repeated throughout guard and corps. Love it. I will also always love ensemble flag work with a few people on props. Simple. Effective for me. I didn’t get a bunch of closeups for PQ, sadly, but I got the sense they were soft when needed and on fire when needed.

Sadly, my internet scratched several times so missed a bit. But that audience was electric by the end. I wanna see them win and I’m not ashamed to say so. GREAT JOB BLOO!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, KRtrumpet182 said:

Trumpet fell right near the 50...got up quickly, but fell again moving backwards

I was watching. It looked to me like the knee completely buckled.

i’m really surprised the horn player can finish the show.

• Sad 1

I think placements stay the same with one possible exception - Boston leaping Crown.

Of course, Flo isn't working for me right now. So glad I get to cancel it in a couple hours.

• Thanks 1