2023 DCI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS

Insane run from Devils. Best of the season. Unbeatable.

• Like 6

Let’s skip the encore this year. 

6 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Yah. Perhaps it was a tuning thing all season?  I've not heard them this clean all season.

They're definitely sounding lower.

Yeah they are on tonight. The bass line was FILTHY good. I still think Cavies take drums though. They're just too consistent.

• Like 1

Blue Devils
MTS: movement technique/safety, C.: Costuming, PQ: performance quality

MTS: It’s tough to beat BD at what they do extremely well… but the choreo is still incredibly conventional. Doesn’t matter if they do it well.  And they do it extremely well. There is still a stiffness here that I don’t see in Bloo’s guard because of the difference in movement styles. BD guard here still tries to fit too much in to limited counts at times. This ballad is an exception. Plenty of breath and softness. Lovely. Ballad flag feature perfection.  Ooh except that arabesque freebody was somewhat inconsistent. Beautiful guard movement soloist on the prop in an inversion with wavy legs. LOVE THAT! ####, that ensemble area is by far the toughest thing in anyone’s movement book. Periodt. Trios with rifle saber and dancer is lovely… love to see some weight sharing VD. Okay solo rifle toss with an over dip tsk tsk tsk, nice trick though!

C.: They’re there. I get it. Still with the unitards. Not much to say. They fit the theme. Enjoy the variety in color and pattern but it gets lost aside from closeups.

PQ: Great focus and shaping right up front guard, ty. Ensemble rifle tosses are super clean, all of them. Sabers, double turnaround toss was perfect. PQ is consistently BD… calm, fun, confident.

As the show started, my partner hijacked the sound and played The Benny Hill theme song so I lost my #### was so confused LOL. That said, BD, this is exactly what I expected. Great work, your passion is clear. CONGRATS on another consistent season.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I'm a fan of BD show this year. Don't really like what they did with ending though this last couple weeks. Ends on low note I think which is a shame.  I like that they are winning all season though but are still trying up to the end to improve. Kudos for that!

• Like 1