The Cavaliers 2024

8 hours ago, boxingfred said:

The Cavaliers just added Matt Stratton.  What an amazing move!

Great pick-up! I was really hoping Bloo would get him. Matt is a low brass guru … that should make Hook’em happy! 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I know I'm not the only person watching the heck out of Cavies shows. I just watched 1989 and 1990... gosh, I wish I was there in person to see these shows.

I was there for 1990 at 15 years old. And yes, when they turned front field for that first hit in Gloria during the opener….

-It was as loud as your speakers at home or in your car tell you it is. 
-It was G goodness, and “ loud is good”. 
-It made me a drum corps fan.

And when they went into the Windows drum solo of that show….

- The crowd just ate it up and threw babies 
- I decided I was going to march corps at some point. 
- It was, and is still, one the greatest drum solo/ segments in a show I have ever seen. 

I saw Star of Indiana do the same thing at that show. 
Man, I was lucky to be able to see those shows, that year, right at the prime time of first being introduced. 

Edited by Dmlkmen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Great pick-up! I was really hoping Bloo would get him. Matt is a low brass guru … that should make Hook’em happy! 

I am pleased lol! He just needs to tell the pit to lower the amps and we are good.

• Like 1

I have some horrible news to share..... 

I just found out this morning that my high school conductor, Mr. Paul Worosello has esophagus cancer. This man pushed me to limits that I didn't know I had. He never gave up on me and even hired me to work for him during the summer in 2011. 

This is a BIG hit for our music community.

• Sad 6

6 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I have some horrible news to share..... 

I just found out this morning that my high school conductor, Mr. Paul Worosello has esophagus cancer. This man pushed me to limits that I didn't know I had. He never gave up on me and even hired me to work for him during the summer in 2011. 

This is a BIG hit for our music community.

Very sorry to hear that, Hook'em. Prayers for Mr. Worosello, his family, friends and students. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Media drop very soon. Interesting to see what buzz it generates...

17 hours ago, alextiger said:

Interesting. Looking to me like it's probably a show about AI? Glowing gray eyes with a metal face kinda narrows down the options.

Genesis' show was about that last year, but Cavaliers could do something very different with that concept. There's been a ton of progress made with AI since last year, so there's a lot of ways you could be creative with incorporating AI into the show - especially on the audio side of things. You can make any voice say or sing anything you want these days.

Well, whether it's AI or not, looks like they're aiming higher on the GE side of things this season.

• Like 1