Bluecoats 2024

On 8/18/2023 at 7:26 PM, MikeRapp said:

This show still goes down as one of my all time favorites. That ballad—wow. And washing machine. What a show!

Not sure if this had been mentioned already in this thread or the previous but Bluecoats achieved their highest brass score ever on finals night! I think I recall asking after seeing their preview show that this brass line could be one of their best ever. I guess I got my answer 😉

I’d only expect them to be stronger in 2024. Truly one of the more underrated brass lines in my opinion. Can’t wait to see what Bloo comes up with this season. Alright back to lurking I go. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, OhioBoy_99 said:

Not sure if this had been mentioned already in this thread or the previous but Bluecoats achieved their highest brass score ever on finals night! I think I recall asking after seeing their preview show that this brass line could be one of their best ever. I guess I got my answer 😉

I’d only expect them to be stronger in 2024. Truly one of the more underrated brass lines in my opinion. Can’t wait to see what Bloo comes up with this season. Alright back to lurking I go. 

CONGRATS BLOO!!!🥳🥳🥳

• Like 1

17 hours ago, OhioBoy_99 said:

Wow, I did not realize that! That’s awesome!

I hope Kevin sticks around. Watching him in the lot with Bloo Brass, you can tell that he has a lot of passion for this corps and this horn line. I think he could really take their brass program really far in the next few years.

Also, I loved seeing Derek Gipson with them during finals week. He’s the one that got them where they are now, and I hope he will continue to be involved for years to come!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, An_drew said:

Wow, I did not realize that! That’s awesome!

I hope Kevin sticks around. Watching him in the lot with Bloo Brass, you can tell that he has a lot of passion for this corps and this horn line. I think he could really take their brass program really far in the next few years.

Also, I loved seeing Derek Gipson with them during finals week. He’s the one that got them where they are now, and I hope he will continue to be involved for years to come!

Agreed 100%. Kevin has done some great work, not just with Bloo so far but with his time with the cavies. Their 2019 hornline was phenomenal, one of my favorite of the season. And I understand he was on crown’s staff at one point as well. I hope Derek will be with them in any capacity for a long time! 

I’d say Bloo will continue to be in good hands 🙂

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

https://bluecoats.com/news/2023/9/13/jaycee-wilson-to-lead-colorguard-caption-kathy-pearson-amp-samia-vanderkolff-promoted-to-new-roles?fbclid=IwAR115hlPYwaEQsN0RtFsynK7bV44TX5_SqdpGKGfQaohB-iZTWnR6Wlr0Ys_aem_AbdtD5qQlBLnFETOaTLboV0ElNIQroPiSdNVt_klB7O3PRQGllu1ADEe9XppTgxcCX4&mibextid=Zxz2cZ

So the rumor posted a while back in the Merry-Go-Round thread was true. Sad day. Lindsay Kusmierczak did great work with the BCCG since she was brought on board. Sucks to see her go.

With that said, I'm excited about the internal promotions! There's a strong foundation there that will continue to thrive and grow. Let's go BCCG!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, An_drew said:

https://bluecoats.com/news/2023/9/13/jaycee-wilson-to-lead-colorguard-caption-kathy-pearson-amp-samia-vanderkolff-promoted-to-new-roles?fbclid=IwAR115hlPYwaEQsN0RtFsynK7bV44TX5_SqdpGKGfQaohB-iZTWnR6Wlr0Ys_aem_AbdtD5qQlBLnFETOaTLboV0ElNIQroPiSdNVt_klB7O3PRQGllu1ADEe9XppTgxcCX4&mibextid=Zxz2cZ

So the rumor posted a while back in the Merry-Go-Round thread was true. Sad day. Lindsay Kusmierczak did great work with the BCCG since she was brought on board. Sucks to see her go.

With that said, I'm excited about the internal promotions! There's a strong foundation there that will continue to thrive and grow. Let's go BCCG!

Kathy and Samia were excellent all around when I knew them. Very proud to read this news! They have coached that guard into having a unique movement signature.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
52 minutes ago, TOC said:

Alright MLB fans.  Need to know if the iPhone 15 commercial where the lead actor ends up in a subway car is using the same music the Bluecoat's used in 22 when the dual wheels rolled over the brass?

Yup, just heard it.  It's the AT&T  iPhone 15 Pro "Serious Gaming Power" commercial.  Here's some info with the commercial embedded:

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/5SbB/apple-iphone-15-pro-serious-gaming-power-song-by-anna-meredith 

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Thanks 1

On 8/12/2023 at 10:51 PM, DrumManTx said:

Well hope the gang is all back together, they have the highest level of consistency outside BD and medaling 7/8 seasons since 2014 speaks a lot of volume.  Though I’m getting sick of being the bridesmaid 😜

I do agree I hope they do a 180 from the last two shows (which I have loved).  Shut the “ItS tHe SaMe ShOw” people up.  I crave something in the realm of Kinetic Noise.  

Yes. With old uniforms

• Haha 1