Bluecoats 2024

44 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Olivia was amazing … for y money the best vocalist in DCI ever

I'll put my money on Wicked Games vocal.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, denverjohn said:

I'll put my money on Wicked Games vocal.

Those are the two best … let’s say 1 and 1a

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1

For singers, just for the heck of it, I'd ask DCP'ers here to listen to Boston's 2015 singer at the 7:10 clip of the practice clip.... then... fast forward to 10:37 mark to the end.  I think she was the best and most talented singer soloist we've heard in Drum Corps ( just my opinion )

Edited by Boss Anova

23 hours ago, Lance said:

Same.  Have you seen them perform live bitd?  The whole production they'd do felt almost operatic.  There's so much rhythm built into their work and so much melodic ostinato, I think it would lend itself well to today's DCI.

No I've never seen them live, but I also agree it would go well in DCI. And Thrower/Rarick would really be the ones to do it justice. I was watching some TH music videos a while back, and all those weird little dances they do in some of them? Perfect choreo ideas.

But I was also thinking, what if a Talking Heads show had the same style of narration as The Garden of Love? "Same as it ever was" could the be the new "A Chapel" lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boss Anova said:

For singers, just for the heck of it, I'd ask DCP'ers here to listen to Boston's 2015 singer at the 7:10 clip of the practice clip.... then... fast forward to 10:37 mark to the end.  I think she was the best and most talented singer soloist we've heard in Drum Corps ( just my opinion )

I was always upset she was cut from the BluRays. 

4 hours ago, Boss Anova said:

her and the Coats jazz singer...the tops

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

her and the Coats jazz singer...the tops

and the soloist in Cadets 2017 at the beginning.of the show replacing the horn solo..imo.peace