Carolina Crown 2024

(from insta)

uUtmW82.jpg

Don't miss your chance for a in-person CrownGUARD audition! Happening this 𝗦𝗨𝗑𝗗𝗔𝗬 in Greenwood, Indiana!

𝗣𝗿𝗲-π—₯π—²π—΄π—Άπ˜€π˜π—²π—Ώ: carolinacrown.org/drum-corps/audition
π—₯𝗦𝗩𝗣: fb.me/e/17py0SLpA

8:30am - Registration Opens
9:15am - Block 1
11:15am - Lunch (on your own)
12:15pm - Block 2
2:45pm - End/Clean-Up

• Like 1

I've come to enjoy these too. Getting the sound the performers are hearing is such a cool reveal. Β 

Also with this one, the clarity of not only this horn but those around him explains so much of Crown's brass excellence. Β 

• Like 6

How about a show called "influencers" which twists the modern interpretation with pieces from composers who greatly influenced western music (with the caveat that no one else has played it before).Β  Visual / storyline stays with the modern spin but the music does not (until the closer perhaps?)

I'll put my 2 cents in with this particular arrangement of G. Gabrieli to open the program:

Β 

Could you imagine hearing CrownBrass playing this?Β  Only one word would suffice:Β  GLORIOUS !Β 

Edited by karuna
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, karuna said:

Β 

Could you imagine hearing CrownBrass playing this?Β  Only one word would suffice:Β  GLORIOUS !Β 

Crown could play Zippity Doo Dah, Camp Town Races and Turkey in the Straw and make it sound glorious.Β 

11 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Camp Town Races

Cadets, Boston, Troopers....well as the tune is incorporated into Lincoln Portrait that is. πŸ˜‰

My HS band did Lincoln Portrait for our opener my senior year. Β The band director had long used 'Doo dah' in place of expletives he wasn't supposed to be saying in front of us. Β My senior year he quipped toward the end of the season, "All these years I've been saying doo dah and now we're playing it."Β 

• Haha 4

On 11/14/2023 at 10:26 AM, OldSnareDrummer said:

Crown could play Zippity Doo Dah, Camp Town Races and Turkey in the Straw and make it sound glorious.Β 

There are some absolutely beautiful choral pieces out there that I would die to hear crown put on the field. Miserere Mei, Deus is just one of them. I would love to hear some of the Eric Whitacre choral pieces from crown too.Β 
Β 

Β 

The choral sounds are beautiful. Β 
Β 

I’d love to see Crown be more aggressive and nasty with their sound this year, like with Cavaliers Niagara show. Let’s call it Tidal (or Tidal Wave) and let Crown blast us for 15 minutes straight. Β Give it a story about a town being washed away and you’ve got a show. Β πŸ€ͺ

Edited by NewArpege