Carolina Crown 2024

I have yet to hear the Mackey.  But I am very excited for crown this season.  Dare i say it could be what we crown fans have waited for since ‘13.   

Seriously considering driving all night to make it down for Sunday camp (which would be very silly of me but …).  

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, karuna said:

I have yet to hear the Mackey.  But I am very excited for crown this season.  Dare i say it could be what we crown fans have waited for since ‘13.   

Seriously considering driving all night to make it down for Sunday camp (which would be very silly of me but …).  

😂

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, NewArpege said:

When they say Mackey is composing a song, does that mean the entire show?  Many of his compositions are 10-13 minutes. 

I'm excited for this! Crown is uniquely and popularly with high expectation every season, i was one of the many who was happy with last year. They are so resilient and bold, i love it.

• Like 4

When they say Mackey is composing a song, does that mean the entire show?  Many of his compositions are 10-13 minutes. 

I believe I read that Mackey is composing the closer. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, NewArpege said:

He waited to compose the closer until the rest of the show was “done”.  So he’s able to incorporate the rest of the show (musically and conceptually) into his original piece.   So far he’s said the piece is so loud it hurts when wearing earbuds.   Good starting point if you ask me!  

U2Y6jES.png

Edited by karuna
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Honestly I've been keeping up with Crown's socials and they posted some videos of body visuals for brass members that they were working on. Let's just say their choreographers are cooking. I'm definetly seeing the vision of a dark show that some people have speculated on with all that they've show us so far in terms of visuals. What do yall think is the likelihood of Crown winning the GE or Guard Captions like in 2015 and 2016 respectively?

23 minutes ago, Adonis249 said:

Honestly I've been keeping up with Crown's socials and they posted some videos of body visuals for brass members that they were working on. Let's just say their choreographers are cooking. I'm definetly seeing the vision of a dark show that some people have speculated on with all that they've show us so far in terms of visuals. What do yall think is the likelihood of Crown winning the GE or Guard Captions like in 2015 and 2016 respectively?

I liked what I saw there as well.   Coherent design + better coordination + improved hornline choreo +  modern guard design + percussion growth =  good things are coming this season.  Add Mackey writing an original closer?  

PVGdjTG.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Yesterday’s Crown IG story showed the staff pitching the concept design to the corp.  Anyone have word on what it is?

The Official Announcement is not too far away (generally the 1st week of ST which starts 18 May).  

sjCDW0J.gif

• Haha 2