The Staff Merry-go-round

Changes that are confirmed:

• Madison Scouts - program coordinator and drill writer out.
  • Pyro Lugo-Allen out of Blue Knights
  • Lisa Tatum out as The Academy BCH

I know we won’t know any changes until September but what would you like to see happen?

I’ll start….

- Troopers need to find a top notch guard designer

- Madison needs to have a big design rethink

- Blue Stars need to think carefully about lessons learned in 2023 but I hope they keep all staff

-I really hope Cadets hang onto all their design staff- they are on to something with this years design (just ramp it all up for 2024!)

- and of course I hope Vanguard make it out with all their current staff

Your thoughts? 

Edited by DCI-86
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Troopers also need to hire the Rennicks full-time.  Not because their  percussion is underperforming, but to take them to new heights.  2024 Sanford - Troopers. 

Smiling at the thought, but I'm not sure what that gets you. Sandi and Paul have written the Troopers charts for 10 years, and Lauren Teel, who is from the same UNT pool, has been teaching them. Looks like it's been a successful arrangement so far 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Wasn't there a thing where announcements didn't usually  happen till sometime in Sept..I want to say after Labor Day?

That was a thought and a plan; but the movements, shake-ups, resignations, and firings usually start the Monday after finals. Sometimes the tremors of change begin during or a little before finals week. 

13 minutes ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

Smiling at the thought, but I'm not sure what that gets you. Sandi and Paul have written the Troopers charts for 10 years, and Lauren Teel, who is from the same UNT pool, has been teaching them. Looks like it's been a successful arrangement so far 

Hire them full-time like they were at SCV- keeps another Corps from poaching them. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

The Troopers badly need new colorguard techs 

Boston needs to get rid of whoever suggested them switch to those horns they used this year 

I think brass arranging could be improved at Cavies, though the arrangements this year could’ve just been the nature of the show 

I think a lot of corps this year showed they actually have some really good foundations set in place. Pacific Crest, Spirit of Atlanta, Colts, Phantom Regiment, Mandarins, and Cadets, all corps who are either newcomers or have had recent staff overhauls all showed that things are moving in the right direction and for them, I hope things stay as stable as possible 

For Blue Stars, I'm going to say this and possibly get crushed for it, but I think their biggest problem has been show design. I love all that Michael Shapiro has done, but his ideas have not been connecting.

For Troopers' guard, the staging and writing was their biggest problem, not so much the techs. Their caption head seemed young and not that experienced.

Cavies issue this year, and last, has been show design. That show design was not at the same level of the corps ahead of them. To move up, they need to step that up a notch.

Cadets, Mandarins and Phantom are all trending way up, so they do not need to make any changes. Their shows were so good last year, and this year's were at another level. For Mandarins, I believe most, if not ALL, of their design team and caption heads are post-covid hires. They need to protect them at all costs.

Top 4 - they were all SO GOOD!! I don't expect any changes here either. All sections and areas of each are so superior. Even Crown's percussion was much improved the last week.

Already can't wait for 2024!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DCI-86 said:

It’s that time of year again for this post. 

I know we won’t know any changes until September but what would you like to see happen?

I’ll start….

- Troopers need to find a top notch guard designer

- Madison needs to have a big design rethink

- Blue Stars need to think carefully about lessons learned in 2023 but I hope they keep all staff

-I really hope Cadets hang onto all their design staff- they are on to something with this years design (just ramp it all up for 2024!)

- and of course I hope Vanguard make it out with all their drain staff

Your thoughts? 

Vanguard may be in enough legal trouble to never return. 

• Like 3