The Staff Merry-go-round

3 hours ago, fighterkit said:

Caught my eye no Aungst. Wonder what that means for their perc. 

he wasnt a caption head last year. so he could still be there, and from what Mac said on Aged Out

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Grandpa Joe said:

Doesn't matter. That person still exists in there somewhere. 

The security guard did instigate it but come on. You can't tell me that Tim couldn't have just grabbed him and held him until someone showed up to take care of it. He didn't have to go all "Hunk angry, Hunk smash" on him. 

please note i didn't condone or praise. i just stated facts on what happened based on the video.

read and respond to the words typed, not what you want to see in them

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MarkHornGA said:

Yes, please. Likely in reference to Keith Tye's absence from the Cavaliers 2024 caption head list...Presenting The Cavaliers 2024 Caption Heads — The Cavaliers Arts, Performance & Education

Apparently he's still on the staff, though

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Boss Anova said:

very soon ..  give way  to more substantive info on the status of  SCV for 2024 … 

I remember saying it was unlikely "....unless DCI is totally spineless" earlier in the week.

"Amoebas in aisle 4..."

Edited by Slingerland
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Understood about bias. This community generally lacks such nuance.

I suppose the only clarity I can lend here is that bc we lack such nuance broadly, it will continue to be likely that we'll encounter sweeping generalizations. People don't know what to do with info when they have it. Sometimes it feels like shouting it at DCP is the only option available. Heaven knows I've been there, and my report is validated.

I think there are some very accurate things of note in this statement.

We each have to be realistic enough about ourselves to understand that we all have bias based on our own experiences. That bias informs our responses and indeed, how openly we read and interpret comments.  This is human nature. But if you cannot step back from your own bias for a moment before responding, then aren't doing the work to be truly thoughtful. Thinking it through does not mean that you have to change your mind, only your willingness to be openly informed.

I rarely speak on topics related to member safety when it comes to these discussions. The reason being that I have not shared those experiences and until I learn HOW to be more supportive and respond in a manner that serves all readers, I will sit back, ask questions and learn (and trust me when I say that I DO ask questions.) 

I think many could agree that while not surprising, it is at least concerning that the state of the activity is such that people run into enough brick walls and blind corners bringing up points of concern that they feel that DCP is their best possible outlet for sharing their negative experiences. That clearly means that the system remains fractured.

EDIT: Back on topic. Looking forward to any SCV announcements and any Bloo announcements. I'm sure bunches of folks will share anything from SoA.

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever

29 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

I remember saying it was unlikely "....unless DCI is totally spineless" earlier in the week.

"Amoebas in aisle 4..."

What happened?