The Staff Merry-go-round

36 minutes ago, CadetDood said:

Well that was my point, the person keeping everyone in the dark (Vicki the CEO) is now gone. I'm a bit confused at how the board couldn't have found out about this earlier. Perhaps the corps needs a new model for running the corps? Ever since George the corps has put all of the power for running the corps in the hands of the board so one individual couldn't be as all powerful as George was. This seems to have backfired in having a board full of well meaning individuals, but that have full time jobs outside of Cadets and can't give the corps the full time focus it needs and allows for financial incompetence to take place from a poor CEO. I actually think if the corps is going to ever come back they'll need to lean hard on their Corps Director (who had no part in the financials of the corps BY DESIGN) and try to keep him around the best they can.

And it infuriates me that this has now given him fodder to his cause as he is now spinning this on his social media platforms. Basically saying, 'told you so', etc & spinning it to make himself look good in true narcissistic form. But we all know the truth except for a handful of his followers and/or cult.    

1 hour ago, drumcorpsfever said:

This has happened so many times before. Last year it was Vanguard. Before them, it was (fill in the blanks).  Members have been stranded in the middle of the season, corps running out of food….  It’s bad news. This stuff all adds up. As a niche activity with declining scale, all hands need to be placed on deck to avoid a death spiral. As I’ve mentioned elsewhere, I hope the new director is up for the challenge. 

New Director?  For Cadets?  I don’t know that there is a Director.  They need an entirely new BoD.  This one HAD to be aware of the situation.  If not, then they are incredibly incompetent.  As far as people being in the dark; in some cases until you know it’s not going to work, you need to keep functions like it will.  If you put things on hold, waiting for things to clear up, you could be so far behind in preparing for the upcoming season, you end up in a bad position for moving forward from the previous year.  Not one aspect of anything like this is good.  Da?$? If you do, Da?$? if you don’t.  This imo, was avoidable.

11 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

They may get that G7 dream after all when there are only seven drum corps left. 

But the 7 corps left could be none of the original 7 at this rate. 2 down at present.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’ve been told that almost everyone was kept in the dark about their dire situation. 

they had social media posts advertising membership information earlier the day the announcement came out

• Like 2

11 hours ago, CadetDood said:

Well that was my point, the person keeping everyone in the dark (Vicki the CEO) is now gone. I'm a bit confused at how the board couldn't have found out about this earlier. Perhaps the corps needs a new model for running the corps? Ever since George the corps has put all of the power for running the corps in the hands of the board so one individual couldn't be as all powerful as George was. This seems to have backfired in having a board full of well meaning individuals, but that have full time jobs outside of Cadets and can't give the corps the full time focus it needs and allows for financial incompetence to take place from a poor CEO. I actually think if the corps is going to ever come back they'll need to lean hard on their Corps Director (who had no part in the financials of the corps BY DESIGN) and try to keep him around the best they can.

or look to Boston for how to have a huge diverse board with tons of experience that in several cases has nothing to do with "band"

• Like 4

11 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

And it infuriates me that this has now given him fodder to his cause as he is now spinning this on his social media platforms. Basically saying, 'told you so', etc & spinning it to make himself look good in true narcissistic form. But we all know the truth except for a handful of his followers and/or cult.    

lets face it....it would have caught up with them with the financial patterns happening that came out later

• Like 1