Blue Devils 2024 right before the storm

On 8/16/2023 at 4:18 PM, KVG_DC said:

Blue Devils learned a thing or two about the use of color from Bloo this year....

[there, i said it]

As I said after the uniform reveal for BC, "Greg Lagola, put down the color wheel. Or...please pick one up". 

34 minutes ago, Rocketman said:

Sped up a little of course:

Pops has the original LP vinyl of this ins his storage.  I'd listen to his 50s and 60s records back when in HS

The Blue Devils' best shows always seem to be about art history, including visual arts, literary arts, film, and theatre.

So hear me out: what if BD did a show about the Silent Film era? Has this ever been done before, by either BD or any other corps?

On 8/16/2023 at 7:18 PM, KVG_DC said:

Blue Devils learned a thing or two about the use of color from Bloo this year....

[there, i said it]

I’d flip that a bit and say BD has  taught many corps about the use of color over the years. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, An_drew said:

The Blue Devils' best shows always seem to be about art history, including visual arts, literary arts, film, and theatre.

So hear me out: what if BD did a show about the Silent Film era? Has this ever been done before, by either BD or any other corps?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, An_drew said:

Silent film era with some material from Sunset Boulevard the musical would be best. 

I still stand by BD needing to do a Sweeney Todd themed show

• Like 2

On 8/13/2023 at 1:03 PM, KVG_DC said:

Well...after tossing Mrs. Lovett into the oven, her sweet adopted boy took "Not while I'm around" a whole different direction...

On 8/13/2023 at 1:06 PM, theonlyfizzle said:

This would be such a dark show. BD haven't done anything dark since the 90s... The music alone would make for an eventful edgy show.

Looks like I missed out on this discussion but I’m a big supporter of BD doing Sweeney Todd. Mix of source material from the musical and BD doing what BD does best by pulling in other random crap. I think it would be epic and only their hornline has that stark sound to create the perfect soundscape for a show like this 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, An_drew said:

Why don’t they do a  history of jazz ? Feature styles of jazz from Louisiana, Missouri, New York ,  Chicago etc…  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Triple Forte said:

Why don’t they do a  history of jazz ? Feature styles of jazz from Louisiana, Missouri, New York ,  Chicago etc…  

Sounds more like a Madison flop versus a BD show. But maybe. However I think BD would do this from a source material standpoint, but disguised as an abstract show concept that wasn’t literally about the history of jazz.