DCI's Next Director

On 9/28/2023 at 6:04 PM, JimF-LowBari said:

IOW he doesn’t know who not to turn his back on…. 😱

keep your friends close and your enemies closer

• Like 1

On 10/1/2023 at 9:24 PM, Hook'emCavies said:

No, I didn't.

I don't like my name being thrown everywhere..... 

Apologies, young fella. No harm intended. Sometimes jokes fall flat. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

My family calls this ‘A failed attempt at humor’.  

A few weeks back one of my trainers said in chat "Boss, you know that sometimes your old man humor isn't really funny, right?"

A week later she asked me to order her a new X1 Carbon laptop for classes to which I replied (in chat) "You know xxxxx, sometimes your young person humor isn't really funny, right?"

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever
  • Haha 4

On 9/28/2023 at 2:43 PM, jjeffeory said:

Columbus Saints comes to mind. I see diversity increasing. Now, we just need some groups who don't have to spend a ton to be a part of DCI, yet still get an on-the-field performance...

They’re doing that on their own.  

Same as corps who want to bring down costs. They fundraise, on their own. They’re not sending members to fundraise for corps operations (yes I’m looking at you dca corps who send your membership out there with calendar dates to buy which don’t go to individual fees)  they have people in charge of development, grant writing, and donor cultivation. 

DCI (from an exec level) handles season operations, marketing, and scheduling. Individual corps still gotta go fund themselves. 

8 hours ago, C.Holland said:

They’re doing that on their own.  

Same as corps who want to bring down costs. They fundraise, on their own. They’re not sending members to fundraise for corps operations (yes I’m looking at you dca corps who send your membership out there with calendar dates to buy which don’t go to individual fees)  they have people in charge of development, grant writing, and donor cultivation. 

DCI (from an exec level) handles season operations, marketing, and scheduling. Individual corps still gotta go fund themselves. 

I thought there was some ‘DCI profit sharing’ (probably not correct term) with Corps once season was complete?

5 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I thought there was some ‘DCI profit sharing’ (probably not correct term) with Corps once season was complete?

Yes, there's the split of the net, following a formula that has a lot of factors, but primarily rewards those with the greatest number of Finals appearances (that info might be a little out of date, as DCI has adjusted a few financial policies in recent years, including performance fees). That said, no corps makes much more than $130-160k from their combined performance fees and DCI split, making it a relatively small portion of the overall revenues.

1 hour ago, Slingerland said:

Yes, there's the split of the net, following a formula that has a lot of factors, but primarily rewards those with the greatest number of Finals appearances (that info might be a little out of date, as DCI has adjusted a few financial policies in recent years, including performance fees). That said, no corps makes much more than $130-160k from their combined performance fees and DCI split, making it a relatively small portion of the overall revenues.

Relatively small portion does not mean it is an unimportant portion. 

• Like 1