Number of Finals

Nonfinalist: once
Finalist: 3
Audience: Once

Hard to decide what my favorite one is. Probably between 18 and 22

• Like 1

First live drum corps show: 1980 Finals

Been to every Finals since 1983 (including Celebration year in 2021) - 1984 and 1986 were as a member of Phantom Regiment.

41 years in all!

• Like 8

Count is 22 for me.  First Finals was 1990, and have been to every finals since 2008.

Best Finals night was 2008, in addition to comments from others, it was the last outdoor finals, and the weather was perfect.

HM would be 1992: also cool weather with a great slate of shows (also year I marched as non-finalist). And 2013.

• Like 4

I've been to one finals in 2016, right before I started college. Haven't been back since then, but I really want to sometime.

• Like 1

My favorite was 1997. That's the one where I met the woman who would become my wife. She marched Crossmen that summer, and we met sitting next to one another on the flight home. 

• Like 8

Wow, I've only been to 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2001, and 2006, and I marched in '88 and '89 finals. 

My favorite, hands down, will always be 1985. That was such a fantastic year.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lance said:

only 4

98, 99, 00

Those are #### good ones. Three of Vanguard's best shows ever, IMO.

I would have loved to see any of them live, but that 2000 show was a miracle.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Tony L. said:

A recent post here made me take a look back in time.  I have been to 24 Finals in 52 years.  That was surprising!  My question is how many Finals have you attended?  And what was your favorite?

My favorite was 1995.  My first!

94, 95, 99, 01, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 21, 22, 23….

22 total for me.  I had to skip a couple of years. In addition to finals night , for most of these I attended all three days Thur, Fri, Sat

Top 3 favs, 1994 first one and my fav corps at the time won, 2008 awesome show choices , awesome weather and great crowd and 2011 lots of great shows .

I have also been to both nights in Allentown for almost every year since 1997. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Vuitton said:

Those are #### good ones. Three of Vanguard's best shows ever, IMO.

I would have loved to see any of them live, but that 2000 show was a miracle.

Saw them in finals the only time I've done finals for 2000.  I have personal attachment to that show I've shared on here before but yeah.  That one ALWAYS gets me.  

I"m probably weird about this, but I kinda like going to tour shows better.  I mean you don't get ALL THE CORPS, but you're seeing them in the lot, at the busses, and getting ready while on the tour and it just feels like summer that way

• Like 2