New G7 Video

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i can...and i'd laugh

It would be awesome

29 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

####. This sounds like a curse. What sort of Wicked Game are you playing? 

No comment.  Ask Goliath how it worked out for him.....

45 minutes ago, craiga said:

and of 50 members, more than 40 are BAC alums, including many who marched during the lean years of the 80s and 90s.  Most were broke college kids in those days, and many of them are now self-made men and women who are leaders of industry and finance today.  Some of the conspirators have already been caught up by karma.   

And what I've learned from family who marched, they have long memories as to how the corps was treated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TOC said:

And what I've learned from family who marched, they have long memories as to how the corps was treated.

The meeting  of the G7 was secret .. behind closed doors . It was not collegial , nor did they really care about the others . If their scheme was implemented it would have killed off the other Corps for certain . But they did not care . If they did , they would have never agreed to have a secret meeting behind closed doors , and without DCI’s notification , nor involvement .
  The Boston Crusaders , in tandem with the other DCI Corps,  however all stood their ground , and were not intimidated . Its not a stretch to state that the  non G7 Corps likely saved DCI from collapse , and I believe , the G7 from making a potential  fatal disaster even  for themselves as well had they left DCI as a group of 7 as they had threatened to do . Had they left DCI , they would be down to just  6 Corps in 2023  ( no SCV ) and likely the remaining 6 would not have survived the Covid pandemic shutdown period, imo . Also , you  can’t  have 6 Corps competing all summer , then 3 days of the same 6 at Championships and think that would last year after year with audiences . For a multitude of reasons that G7 scheme was ill conceived and unworkable beyond a season or two … at most .   Glad the central architect of this devilish , idiotic G7 plan has left DCI , and not under his  own plan either . 

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Like 1

So correct me if I am wrong (being wrong is my natural state)

I thought we have moved on from the dark days of the G7 proposal. 

But for karma to be satisfied, Cadets, BD, Bloo, Crown, Phantom Regiment, Cavaliers, as well as SCV should all die ignominiously and have their corps halls salted like Carthage? Would that be what karma demands in 2023?

Wow … I never realized that vengeance is the prime motivator for certain corps.

Vengeance is small and unsatisfying.

Maybe it’s time for me to sell my Super 3 tickets, stop donating, and call it a day. 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

But for karma to be satisfied, Cadets, BD, Bloo, Crown, Phantom Regiment, Cavaliers, as well as SCV should all die ignominiously and have their corps halls salted like Carthage? Would that be what karma demands in 2023?

Maybe it’s time for me to sell my Super 3 tickets, stop donating, and call it a day. 

ImpartialAnxiousFireant-size_restricted.

4 hours ago, craiga said:

As I have posted in the past, I will always regard the G7 conspiracy as the ignition point of the genesis of the current BAC organization.    When that whole thing went down, many stakeholders in Boston were so enraged, so furious at the attempt, that they swore they would do whatever it took to not be "less equal" ever again. Not coincidentally,  if you go to Inspire's website,  and click on BOD Bios, you will see first hand the kind of people that are the backbone of the organization.....and of 50 members, more than 40 are BAC alums, including many who marched during the lean years of the 80s and 90s.  Most were broke college kids in those days, and many of them are now self-made men and women who are leaders of industry and finance today.  Some of the conspirators have already been caught up by karma.   For the others,  it is only a matter of time. 

you'll love the next DCAF episode when it comes out....our top 10 Boston. and being the old man, i'll have some nice older shows to bring up

• Like 1

4 hours ago, craiga said:

Some of the conspirators have already been caught up by karma.   For the others,  it is only a matter of time. 

These two sentences here just come off as bitter, and as if you want the other corps to die off so that BAC has a beeline to the Founders Trophy. You said it yourself, without those corps that make up the G7, DCI would likely have died off by now. Either you want that to happen or not, I'm honestly not sure. Clarification would help, because these two sentences contradict everything that you said prior to them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

No need to overreact . The discussion here is about the “ G7 video “. As far as I know the thread topic was not even started by Craiga , LabMaster , Liahona , Fighterkit  , nor any BAC alum nor fan . The thread was started by someone unaffiliated with the Corps . There is no “ vengeance “ sought , as events played out in methodical fashion since then  . Sure it was karma , but it was never the intent nor  the goal . The goal was to improve the Crusaders and make them better in all areas of operation , including marcher safety and marcher learning and enrichment experience . Not “ vengeance “.. Jeesh . None of the Corps Directors of the G7 are in their positions of Directorship from back then anymore anyway  . It is they that have moved on , and relationships in DCI among all  the Corps are much better today than they were back then .  DCI is more collegial  now among all the corps than those dark days where vengeance upon other corps was very real and very much a goal of a select few . But yes , time has moved on from this , and DCI is doing ok , even after the pandemic. The wounds have healed  now among all the Corps  . As near as I can tell anyway , Jurassic Lancer . Enjoy your weekend , by the way 👍

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Like 4