Santa Clara Vanguard 2024

3 minutes ago, DSpruce said:

As explained here 

They’ve been silent for very accountable reasons. I agree with the argument that the staff who’ve committed to stay with us speaks for itself. Lets lean in to supporting the kids who decide to march SCV and to supporting the org to do well

I am sure they will get the support they may ask for, so long as they are true to their word about being transparent and honest, and behave better than last year and bail on auditioners at the last minute.  That’s a huge negative to overcome.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

am sure they will get the support they may ask for, so long as they are true to their word about being transparent and honest, and behave better than last year and bail on auditioners at the last minute.  That’s a huge negative to overcome.  

A million percent agreed and will be vocal about this.

• Like 1

How about giving them a chance before the nonsense here?  I know we live in the age of instant gratification but ffs a few weeks at least before all the negative?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

46 minutes ago, Mello Dude said:

How about giving them a chance before the nonsense here?  I know we live in the age of instant gratification but ffs a few weeks at least before all the negative?

they had a decade of chances.  and they continuously blew it. 

but what's worse, is that many students are owed money.  and even before that debacle there are many students who were monetized to fund what was left before this collapse.  

cmon man.   they made the statement about honesty and transparency, and done much to exemplify these ideas.  

this is the bad ex, that needs rehab, but instead comes to live off of you. 

Edited by C.Holland
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, C.Holland said:

they had a decade of chances.  and they continuously blew it. 

but what's worse, is that many students are owed money.  and even before that debacle there are many students who were monetized to fund what was left before this collapse.  

cmon man.   they made the statement about honesty and transparency, and done much to exemplify these ideas.  

Excusse me? What are you talking about decades? I think they have a justification about refund policy and agree to hold the org accountable for consistency. Beyond that what???

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DSpruce said:

Excusse me? What are you talking about decades? I think they have a justification about refund policy and agree to hold the org accountable for consistency. Beyond that what???

how far back can we go and find issues that compounded on issues?   Is it 5 years? or 10?  or more?  

things I’ve learned from DCP.

1) SCV is not currently a non-profit so cannot collect money as a non-profit. (What does this do for money made from Bingo?)

2) no corps survives from dues alone

what I learned from a group I belong to

1) you lose non-profit status then you have an added expensive called taxes on earned income

Sitting back and seeing where this leads….

Edited by JimF-LowBari

3 hours ago, DAL-27 said:

FWIW, I’d give them a pass on this one.  I marched that season (with another corps).  My understanding at the time is that they had forged documents and those members were being sought after by authorities.  I believe they were from England if I remember correctly.

100% correct

• Like 1