Santa Clara Vanguard 2024

35 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

They are trying to get the thread closed.  Just like SCV-apologists always try to do (usually successfully) when people here point out the disconnect between what SCV says & what SCV does.  

Indeed there is evidence of alum or the org itself attempting or succeeding in shutting down critical voices on 3 social media platforms so far: DCP, Insta, and reddit.

Edit to add: Sorry 4. Definitely Fb too, and there's evidence there of shutting down dissident voices before threats of violence among alum so....

And is it better or worse that it's not a coordinated effort but simply some alums' natural response to shut down dissent simultaneously across multiple platforms? You decide.

Edited by scheherazadesghost
  • Like 4

I'm not making fun of anyone. If it was interpreted in that way, then I apologize as it wasn't intended.  I was just called out for some goofy "to" vs "too" typo error but should have just overlooked their multiple grammatical errors.  

I want the SCV organization to succeed, but as a non-profit organization, their handling of this situation is either criminal or incompetence.  I still don't think they're being totally honest & transparent with the general drum corps public.  Maybe they are with DCI, potential members, staff, & alumni?

But outside of DCP, comments on all other social media are still "calling them out' for their lack of transparency.  The SCV org also continues to delete & prohibit comments that go against their narrative.  

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 1

I’m not being coached and my information is limited because I am not at the very center of most things and I try to be clear about that. There is no conspiracy. Edit to add: I am not trying to “shut down dissent” either. I do not have that power even if I wanted to. There is dissent and there is incorrect information.

Edited by DSpruce
  • Haha 1

When SCV BoD releases updates where would be the best place to see them? 

1 hour ago, wolfgang said:

There are aspects of this conversation that remind me of she-who-shall-not-be-named from the RAMD days. 

not enough caps

We can’t say “Catherine”?  It’s been a very long time. I think we should all let it go.