Pre-2024 Top 12 Guesses

16 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Focus on you!

Yep! Scott Stewart always told us we could never control what the judges or other corps were going to do, we only had control over what we'd do.

I care less about placement and more about design these days. 

8 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

Yep! Scott Stewart always told us we could never control what the judges or other corps were going to do, we only had control over what we'd do.

I care less about placement and more about design these days. 

Yep! Not only can't control what the judges will do BUT what other corps will or won't do. It can be heartbreaking to improve so much and not move , or worse drop BUT as in any competition it's not just about you but those others also playing the game. Sometimes as a director or staff person it can be the hardest thing to get across to a hard working member.

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

It all depends how well they shoot for the top 5 or 6 relative to all the other Corps that are shooting for the tops 5 or six.  

Based on the predictions in this thread, there could be 10+ Corps in the top 5 or 6. 

With the internal shift of Bloo’s guard staff, I think they have a real shot of making the top twelve next year! Here’s hoping! 🤞 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Haha 7

On 9/13/2023 at 10:15 AM, Tim K said:

If souvenir booth scuttlebutt is an indicator, word from a BAC cashier is that the three corps that had the most inquiries about auditioning for next year are BAC, Troopers, and Mandarins. I’m sure this is speculative and I have no idea of how it is measured, other corps may disagree, and every kid who is under the age of 21 who attends Indy and probably Allentown, San Antonio, and Atlanta/NightBEAT wants to march even though not all will even formally inquire speak less of audition. That being said, I think it’s safe to say Mandarins auditions will not be ghost towns. 

39 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

And they all fancy their self a harmonicist?  (Just kidding; loved the soloist this year.) 😁

They are all angry cellists. Why are they angry? There were no cello solos this year.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

They are all angry cellists. Why are they angry? There were no cello solos this year.

"Why are there cowbells mounted to all the tenors?"

"We just thought they would look cool."

"So.....no cowbell quintet for the tenors???"

"Nope"

"But....cowbells......COWBELLS...."

• Haha 3

1. Blue Devil- Finally get a legit 3-pete?
  2. Bluecoats
  3.  Carolina Crown
  4.  Boston Crusaders
  5. Cavaliers- Improve their Brass and GE scores Win percussion again
  6. Mandarin- Could move to 5thPhantom- Ya neva know
  7. Vanguard- Battle with Mandarin all year
  8. Troopers-Colts
  9. Colts-Troopers
  10. Blue Stars- Last year was a mess. They can go nowhere but up. 
  11. Blue Knights ( Wishful thinking Pacific Crest)
  12. Crossmen
Edited by boxingfred
  • Like 1