New Zealand Girl and Drum Corps Alumni React to the MANDARINS 2023!!!

14 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I feel like it's a very specific fan base. I don't know if there's anything specific data wise that would show trending but it's definitely interesting. The people who want to stay relevant manage to find a way to do just that. Even guys like Scott Johnson have adapted their arranging to fit into the times and that's been over what, nearly 4 decades probably?

it's rarely those at the top of the game that are in the get off my lawn crowd

• Like 1

On 10/2/2023 at 9:43 AM, GUARDLING said:

Oddly enough, many of the icons of our activity , ( many still around and active ) , do not have that mentality and it's one main reason they weathered through decades and some very much relevant still.

Even for some sadly no longer with us, I can’t believe they would dislike modern drum. People like my instructors drum guy George Tuthill, drill guy Bobby Hoffman, brass people like Don Angelica.

• Like 3

On 10/1/2023 at 8:48 PM, Jurassic Lancer said:

Heck, for two Benjamin’s, I will do a reaction video of Michael Cesario taking a bath in chocolate 

*checking my bank account*

• Haha 3

On 10/1/2023 at 11:37 PM, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I think old corps people should do their own podcast. Maybe call it "Get off my field! - An old person's guide to Drum Corps."

I just know I just watched Bloo 2022 again and sweet baby James that show is sickengly good. I know my reactions would have definitely been R rated. I don't get how anyone can NOT appreciate modern drum corps.

I'm willing to pay for your reaction video to my performance. 😄

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, MikeD said:

Even for some sadly no longer with us, I can’t believe they would dislike modern drum. People like my instructors drum guy George Tuthill, drill guy Bobby Hoffman, brass people like Don Angelica.

One can only imagine what George Z. would be creating in today's DCI.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kevingamin said:

I'm willing to pay for your reaction video to my performance. 😄

Which one?!?! First, I flippin' LOVED the Glassmen. But if we're talking about Bloo Alumni, I can tell you that it's a ton of my dorky ear to ear grinning that I don't do at work, lots of "wow" and "holy #### that's loud," and several other, more direct expletives that get you an R rating if you say them more than once in a movie. 

Now, if say Michael Cesario was bathing in chocolate up on top of the ramp during Great Gig In The Sky....I would find babies to throw!

• Haha 2

On 9/28/2023 at 8:53 AM, HockeyDad said:

Yes that’s what I’m asking.  I am obviously not the target demographic (too old). For the life of me I can’t understand why I would care about the reaction of some rando I don’t know and never met. Must be popular with those who spend their lives on their phones. I like to go outside. 

Some reaction videos are actually interesting and informative. Funliner is made up of 3 Bloo/BD alums who have a lot of insight. Everett Kim (the Asian guy) is also a score writer. So watching their reaction videos are great. This girl... If you enjoy watching a fresh set of eyes share his/her opinions/critique, this girl is for you. If not, don't watch them.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

What would be really cool imo is seeing how other musicians and dancers from different worlds than marching band and drum corps would react and review in a round table fashion. Like different rock stars, orchestral musicians, producerrs, contemporary and classical dancers  and the likes. 

20 hours ago, MadisonBandMan1 said:

What would be really cool imo is seeing how other musicians and dancers from different worlds than marching band and drum corps would react and review in a round table fashion. Like different rock stars, orchestral musicians, producerrs, contemporary and classical dancers  and the likes. 

Kind of a modern take on having guest stars like Maynard Ferguson, Rita Moreno, and Chuck Mangione on the Championships broadcast.