Mandarins Design team returns for 2024!

Enter the Dragon Warrior!

it'll be a Bruce Lee inspired choreo show with music from his movies and ... Kung Fu Panda!

A certain tuba player has been contracted to shape his glorious Fro to create the Po character.  Auditions being held for the rest of the Furious Five.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, KVG_DC said:

Enter the Dragon Warrior!

it'll be a Bruce Lee inspired choreo show with music from his movies and ... Kung Fu Panda!

A certain tuba player has been contracted to shape his glorious Fro to create the Po character.  Auditions being held for the rest of the Furious Five.

I dunno. You really think he'll take one for the team and go for this look? 

Kung Fu Panda Costume, Kids Po Deluxe Muscle Outfit | The Movie Shop

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

I dunno. You really think he'll take one for the team and go for this look? 

Kung Fu Panda Costume, Kids Po Deluxe Muscle Outfit | The Movie Shop

Knowing my son, if it meant earning a medal at finals, he absolutely would. Lol. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, MikeD said:

My favorite Cadet show, 97, featured “Year of the Dragon”. The MB I taught did it in 98. Love to see it used again. Mandarins would do a great job.

As cool as that show was, I think that this design team can come up with something more than a rehash of a 1997 show. 

On 9/21/2023 at 11:56 AM, Chief Guns said:

He came and sat with us semi-finals night and watched BDs run with us. He told us then that he coming back to the Mandarins in 24 and will age out there in 25. He didnt even have to think about it. He said there is no other place he would rather be. He loves the staff, his fellow corps-mates, the culture, the way they treat people etc. He has definitely found a home there, and my wife and I couldnt be happier.

He wants to be part of the first corps to bring a medal to the Mandarins at the WC level. And I can assure you they are talking about it.

There are a few other things that I know, but I will wait till it becomes public knowledge. But know this.........

Sinnerman was just the beginning. 

Next up "The Nun" the drumcorps show! What an Insidious run that was!

• Haha 1

On 9/21/2023 at 10:56 AM, Chief Guns said:

He came and sat with us semi-finals night and watched BDs run with us. He told us then that he coming back to the Mandarins in 24 and will age out there in 25. He didnt even have to think about it. He said there is no other place he would rather be. He loves the staff, his fellow corps-mates, the culture, the way they treat people etc. He has definitely found a home there, and my wife and I couldnt be happier.

He wants to be part of the first corps to bring a medal to the Mandarins at the WC level. And I can assure you they are talking about it.

There are a few other things that I know, but I will wait till it becomes public knowledge. But know this.........

Sinnerman was just the beginning. 

You know I have ties to them via you, our HS percussion instructors, our sons HS bands designer, so I will continue to cheer them on with you.  I'm still waiting on what my son is going to do, it's 80% PC and 20% why not just try out for someone else for the heck of it!