19 Sep SCV Meeting Summary on Reddit

50 minutes ago, Richard Lesher said:

Ya know what, I didn't say anything new or things others aren't saying anyway.

I feel you. For the record, I look forward to your lengthy, “keep everyone focused on the right things,” updates. I don’t care what your motivations might be, even if as “negative” as others have intimated. The facts are the facts, motivations be ######.

If anything, your posts come across to me as “Please SCV, with all my heart n soul, I’m begging you, get your shizzzz together! iI’s not that hard!”

Maybe I’m projecting, wtfe.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

If what they say is true in that "they hope to be in compliance by January 2024"  I also hope the CA FTB & DOJ are willing to wait that long.  They've received two warnings already and there won't be a third.  Perhaps they're in communications with both agencies(?)   I was hoping to hear they've already submitted past due filings. 

VMAPA states that 2019 audit is submitted. 2020 is complete (but my notes don't indicate if submitted; they note that an audit wasn't required by state law, but they did one anyway.) 2021 and 2022 are projected to be completed at end of current calendar year. 2023 projected to be completed 1st qrt Jan 2024. 2024 projected to be completed before end of calendar year 2024. All according to current CFO.

Edited by scheherazadesghost

3 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

If what they say is true in that "they hope to be in compliance by January 2024"  I also hope the CA FTB & DOJ are willing to wait that long.  They've received two warnings already and there won't be a third.  Perhaps they're in communications with both agencies(?)   I was hoping to hear they've already submitted past due filings. 

Keep thinking one of the reasons/excuses given for being noncompliant was “there’s a huge backlog with the state due to Covid”. Hope SVC has a reason for thinking this will be done 1/2024.

4 minutes ago, Bruckner8 said:

I feel you. For the record, I look forward to your lengthy, “keep everyone focused on the right things,” updates. I don’t care what your motivations might be, even if as “negative” as others have intimated. The facts are the facts, motivations be ######.

If anything, your posts come across to me as “Please SCV, with all my heart n soul, I’m begging you, get your shizzzz together! iI’s not that hard!”

Maybe I’m projecting, wtfe.   

There is so much vitriol among alum that remains covert. I literally had to step back from the screen and cry for sec reading this. Thanks @Bruckner8. Apparently I needed this.

Cry because those of us trying to say get your #### together are being treated horribly for doing so when we care so much, we're willing to put our necks out there and let the chips fall. It's like that means nothing to some.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, AzEuph said:

What does non-member mean?  They don’t get paid, go on first but can compete at finals?  Anything else?

Bigger lot crowds early. But seriously no voting privileges 

2 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Well then, all of that certainly should put people at ease. 

The amount in the bank is concerning. No show fees means they need to find funds 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

The amount in the bank is concerning. No show fees means they need to find funds 

Agreed. 

600k is not a lot. Yes they will get more with member fees. But the fact of the matter is that they're a Cali corps and have to travel further. Gas will probably be 150-200k of costs alone. 

That 600k will be stretched thin, especially considering member fees cover very little when it comes to the actual cost for the member itself. 

I worry that SCV will approach this season like they are still a top 4 drum corps and spend way beyond their means and run out of money halfway through the season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Bigger lot crowds early. But seriously no voting privileges 

From a practical matter does no voting privileges mean anything?   When was the last time there was a close vote?  Generally (for better or worse Corps think alike).  Last close vote may have been G7, which was like 13-7 in early 2010s?