19 Sep SCV Meeting Summary on Reddit

1 minute ago, fighterkit said:

Agreed. 

600k is not a lot. Yes they will get more with member fees. But the fact of the matter is that they're a Cali corps and have to travel further. Gas will probably be 150-200k of costs alone. 

That 600k will be stretched thin, especially considering member fees cover very little when it comes to the actual cost for the member itself. 

I worry that SCV will approach this season like they are still a top 4 drum corps and spend way beyond their means and run out of money halfway through the season. 

BINGO!

sorry - that was too easy

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

The amount in the bank is concerning. No show fees means they need to find funds 

But they have a solid plan. And a backup plan.  So all is well. 

8 minutes ago, DAL-27 said:

My mind kept reading that as SCVOG (C between S and VOG). 🤦‍♂️ 

6 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

giphy.gif

Yeah well bingo may not be enough 

• Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

BINGO!

sorry - that was too easy

Beat you to it, neener neener.

That said, bingo is supposed to go to funding the corps and the amount of member fees required to fund bingo are supposed do so. Nothing specifically bad form here, as this is what the law requires.

It's just not how healthy nonprofits operate because again, they're nixing stakeholder (read: donor and funder) accountability for the easy cash that comes with bingo. Accountability is lost in the current model. Thus why those of us raising are voices are easily ignored or worse. It's also not healthy because legalized gambling in no way provides mission alignment.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

giphy.gif

NM I googled and found where this came from. Saw it on tv and just don’t remember this scene

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

From a practical matter does no voting privileges mean anything?   When was the last time there was a close vote?  Generally (for better or worse Corps think alike).  Last close vote may have been G7, which was like 13-7 in early 2010s?  

Even if no vote is decided they could change they have no voice at the table. Basically sit in the corner and listen but don’t speak 

There are some things that can be forgiven and some that can’t. Sorry I’m not a perfect person I can’t forgive everything.  I will never be able to forgive this BOD being the crew that broke an unbroken string of never missing the top 12.  Everlasting shame be upon them.   I await their resignation. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

But they have a solid plan. And a backup plan.  So all is well. 

But is there a backup to the backup?

continuing to place survival solely on bingo isn’t enough 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1