DCI and SOA being sued?

I’m sorry, but this (what the SOA member alleges) is disgusting and sickening. And this isn’t from 2010. It’s from 2021. And it occurred despite literally countless prior examples, in drum corps and outside of drum corps. I have to conclude there is nothing that will eliminate this behavior in this activity, configured as it is with kids supervising kids, basically. The clock is counting down on this activity. I wonder how the “but DCI is the corps” will fly in a court of law. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

You’re married and have a daughter… you don’t control anything 😈😆

I control the short and old jokes I send your way

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

I’m sorry, but this (what the SOA member alleges) is disgusting and sickening. And this isn’t from 2010. It’s from 2021. And it occurred despite literally countless prior examples, in drum corps and outside of drum corps. I have to conclude there is nothing that will eliminate this behavior in this activity, configured as it is with kids supervising kids, basically. The clock is counting down on this activity. I wonder how the “but DCI is the corps” will fly in a court of law. 

If there is a glimmer spirit seems to have gotten their house in order since. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

I control the short and old jokes I send your way

Either take a number or get in line for those buddy….. IOW you and everyone else. 😆

FYI for everyone else I’m 5’6” and marched with Jeff’s dad. 🤪

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Nothing will eliminate this behavior from ANY activity involving minors.  We've seen it in DCI, competitive cheer, boy scouts, church youth groups, teachers, social workers, doctors, dentists......  We've seen both male and female perpetrators.  Our world is broken.

29 minutes ago, lowend said:

Nothing will eliminate this behavior from ANY activity involving minors.  We've seen it in DCI, competitive cheer, boy scouts, church youth groups, teachers, social workers, doctors, dentists......  We've seen both male and female perpetrators.  Our world is broken.

Broken or we hear a lot more now because of the internet, procedures are in place to deal with this and (most important imo) people are less afraid/ashamed to speak up when it happens to them 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, craiga said:

What is "doxxing"?

Posting someone's private information publicly (name, address, place of employment, etc.)

• Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, lowend said:

Absent some very intrusive monitoring from cranky old ‘get off my lawn’ types like me, I’m afraid you are correct. And you couldn’t pay me enough to be the hall monitor all summer, let alone hope I would volunteer to do it. 

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

If there is a glimmer spirit seems to have gotten their house in order since. 

Let’s be real. Everyone of us who’s ever been in this activity as a member, educator, board member, or administrator, all know that nothing will truly change until something gets burned to the ground. AND it threatens everyone else’s (at the top) livelihood. 

WE can be the change we want to see, but we need those at the top to actually feel pain before they will fully start to institute true prevention (and purge) of problematic individuals. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3