Cadets Suspend for 2024

"Shrink the tour" reminds me of the decisions in the newspaper business to shrink the paper, shrink the newsroom . . . shrink all the reasons why people would pay for your product in the first place. 

The product that every drum corps sells is the experience -- educational, personal, social, whatever -- to the member. Shrink that, and you shrink the reasons why they would want to buy your product.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

"Shrink the tour" reminds me of the decisions in the newspaper business to shrink the paper, shrink the newsroom . . . shrink all the reasons why people would pay for your product in the first place. 

The product that every drum corps sells is the experience -- educational, personal, social, whatever -- to the member. Shrink that, and you shrink the reasons why they would want to buy your product.

I feel like regionalization would save money. keep the 6 week tour, just make it more regional to save gas and housing site money.

33 minutes ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

The Tour however was “ shrunk . For between 1-3 years depending on the Corps , the tour “ shrank “ to 0 . I’m sure we all recall . After the shuttering for from 1-3 years , we were told back then that we would “ shrink the reasons auditioneers and fans would “ want to buy your product “.  But there is no evidence that domesday scenario developed as predicted . Despite the financial challengers that most Corps and most marchers and most fans endured during the shuttering of Corps , they still came out in remarkably resilient and surprising numbers once the lockdowns ended and touring went from O shows and no touring at all  to baby steps in reestablishing touring but on a more modest and sensible basis given what had occurred during the pandemic lockdowns .  Corps won’t be returning to 30-35 show competitions and lengthy travel bus touring anytime soon . But they also won’t be reduced to 0 shows, 0 touring , 0 performances , 0 social gatherings , O instruction , and the rest of it either .  One day at a time folks . 

Edited by Boss Anova

2 minutes ago, RiverCityAndTroopersFan said:

I feel like regionalization would save money. keep the 6 week tour, just make it more regional to save gas and housing site money.

Does a regional tour, say in the southeast actually save gas? The distance between Genesis and Crown is longer than Heat Wave to Boston

16 hours ago, C.Holland said:

https://www.goerie.com/story/news/local/2023/06/06/erie-pa-sports-park-ordered-dome-stage-uniform-construction-code-violations-permits-summit-township/70292867007/

that building had several deficiencies and had to close starting in June until Sept while things were rectified 

oof.

7 hours ago, LabMaster said:

Please go back and look at the charter corps of DCI.  I challenge you to prove they were all the richest corps serving the richest corps.  Boston for one was far from rich.  And within a few short years some of those corps were no longer around or were struggling.  That alone confirms they were not all rich.  Please let’s not have revisionist history here.

richest isn't most competitive which i think is more accurate

7 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

But don’t the Corps pay $ to fly them in and out over summer?   That has gotta add up too. 

oh thats definitely a cost. but not salary. 

• Like 1