What is wrong with US?

2 hours ago, gak27 said:

...and if THAT doesn't tell you something about DCPers...😎

There's a Southpark episode or two that apply here. TBF, though, I bring gas mask to DCP convos just in case...

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

Same the times SCV camped out here for a day or 2. when the Hershey show ran, you'd see a lot of fans everywhere corps rehearsed.

Hershey and PA were such a blessing on tour. After the dirty south, the cooler temperatures and mist were heavenly. Is that leg of tour mostly gone now? 😮

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Hershey and PA were such a blessing on tour. After the dirty south, the cooler temperatures and mist were heavenly. Is that leg of tour mostly gone now? 😮

Sponsors of the Hershey show had stadium scheduled one year but stadium owners refuse to sign a contract with anybody. When stadium owners had chance for Destiny’s Child reunion concert for lot more $$$$$ the corps show was cancelled. Show sponsors went to court but no contract so show group lost. End result no one wants to try another corps show in Hershey.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, scheherazadesghost said:

There's a Southpark episode or two that apply here. TBF, though, I bring gas mask to DCP convos just in case...

I saw you perform at Hershey in 2004.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Keith Hall said:

The End Times

A year has passed.

DCP was never an expected outlet to move the needle. I guess early on I thought I might embarrass the SCV Board into just doing the minimum required compliance. I was wrong.  

Forums like this are not the means to execute action. Regulators are.

I have committed astronomical amounts of time to this subject, and elsewhere outside my efforts were fires brewing with Cadets and SoA, and now they are all converging.  

The Boy Scouts have addressed this problem.

The Schools have addressed this problem.

The YMCA has addressed this problem.

The Churches have addressed this problem.

The Military has addressed this problem.

All of the above are still dealing with growing pains. DCI hasn’t even come to the realization of OMG, how to we address this. There is a history of documented evidence that the community on an organizational level ignores it. It is coming home to roost.

Additionally, Drum Corps are alienating the Jr High and High School age kids. That age group of talent is moving into WGI and BOA. If DCI folded all together it wouldn’t be that difficult for the remaining Corps to simply alter their programs to provide something for WGI/BOA.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Allentown is the only show on the eastern side of PA annually. thwere was an Open Class plus Surf show here last summer which was wonderful

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

i did too and Allentown

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:
4 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

i did too and Allentown

Me and a few of my friends, of course. The real question is did Gino make them loud enough for y'all?

In all seriousness though, I feel the pain. No shows in my state and not sure there have been since before I marched... if ever.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Richard Lesher said:

Additionally, Drum Corps are alienating the Jr High and High School age kids. That age group of talent is moving into WGI and BOA. If DCI folded all together it wouldn’t be that difficult for the remaining Corps to simply alter their programs to provide something for WGI/BOA.

I don’t think Drum Corps is alienating middle and high school kids. BOA takes place in the fall, WGI winter into spring. These are school year activities. Where so many percussionists and color guard members and now in some cases brass are in WGI  units and march DCI, I don’t think they are choosing one over the other. As far as BOA is concerned, most are from public high schools with a smattering of Catholic, private, and charter schools. They may choose to be in the band, but they don’t choose where they attend school or whether the school competes in BOA, US Bands, or whatever the circuit happens to be. Though I have heard some of the top BOA competitors do not want their members to march DCI due to band camps and rehearsal time, I’ve also heard many young people with more competitive bands want to march DCI.