Recent resigned SCV Board Treasurer now BD Director At Large

20 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

@Richard Lesher Which one is the SCV Treasurer that went to BD's BOD? I perused the link provided & I can't find them in their little popup resume unless it's Mr Anderson?  Maybe @scheherazadesghost might know the answer?

Thanks!   

Correct.

Perhaps dialogue about BOD shifts may one day be just as commonplace as those regarding design and instructional staff. No reason they shouldn't be, imho.

Edited by scheherazadesghost
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

It's called gossip. I guess anyone associated with SCV has this "virus". Tainted infectious individuals that need to be squashed. 

not necessarily, some may have tried to do the right thing and walked out of frustration. we don't know because no one from SCV ever says anything unless it's damage control....which usually just makes it worse

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Keith Hall said:

Will there be a Drum Corps TMZ soon?

here or Reddit already exists...plus X, instagram, threads, blue sky, facebook....

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, MikeN said:

BD BOD is the gold standard for DCI, and every corps out there should be hitting them up regularly for best practices.  

Mike

the G1

• Haha 1

Would this be news if this former SCV board member went anywhere else besides BD?  Wait...is this actual news?  Often times Board members feel they have run their course with the orgs they represent and look for other charitable opportunities.  Maybe there was one at BD and he had a conversation with a colleague or vice versa. Maybe BD thought he would be a great contribution for their board.  Just because he stepped down from SCV under a particular set of circumstances doesn't mean he can't or shouldn't contribute elsewhere.  

Just now, Reggi93 said:

Would this be news if this former SCV board member went anywhere else besides BD?  Wait...is this actual news?  Often times Board members feel they have run their course with the orgs they represent and look for other charitable opportunities.  Maybe there was one at BD and he had a conversation with a colleague or vice versa. Maybe BD thought he would be a great contribution for their board.  Just because he stepped down from SCV under a particular set of circumstances doesn't mean he can't or shouldn't contribute elsewhere.  

Or from a different point of view...is the accusation that as finance chair (was he finance chair?) he was part of the problem at SCV and therefore shouldn't be trusted to serve anywhere?  I'm just not sure what the topic at hand is.  I also don't know what this particular board member's role was in the issues that plagued SCV and caused their hiatus. Clarification on all points is welcome. 

There's a certain obsessiveness here that can't be healthy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2